Dead Set - Charlie Brooker's Horror Show Page 2

Oh it must be a bit comedy then.
Hurrah.

It's straight drama. No comedy at all as I understand it.

I'm sure it will have some comic elements to it. If you look at some of the stuff on the site you can tell what kind of angle they are going for.

looks pretty decent, but I wonder if a TV show is going to be able to rival the thrills of recent zombie movies like the Dawn of the Dead remake or 28 Weeks Later.

I reckon it'll be ace.

Based on nothing. But still.

Brooker's a legend.

As for Barley, is he really not returning? I'd heard a few rumours that he was.

Quote: zooo @ September 24 2008, 2:21 PM BST

So, this new Brooker thing isn't supposed to be a comedy at all?

Totally straight?

Quote: David Bussell @ September 24 2008, 4:46 PM BST

It's straight drama. No comedy at all as I understand it.

This is what I thought... until Channel 4 emailed me this:

Just to let you know that the show is a thriller comedy. It's meant to be dark, scary and full of intelligent black comedy.

So the comedy word is used. Like is said above, as Eldon and Brooker are involved its perhaps not surprising to hear there is a hint of comedy in it after all.

I'm now trying to find out just what percent is comedy, and what percent is thriller, but either way, I think it looks like something to look forward to!

Well colour me stupid!

Color me badd.

colour*

In this instance Nil is right. It's the name of a band you see. Please also note the extra 'd' at the end of bad. That's how you know they're bad, see?

Ha! Score!!!

In which case...

Me*
Badd*

Balls. But then it would be too obvious.

Still, balls.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ September 24 2008, 4:42 PM BST

Kevin Eldon is in this as one of the housemates. I've got high hopes for it. :)

Ironically, this is one of the factors that gives me pause for thought. IMO the best horror is with an unknown cast.