Dead Set - Charlie Brooker's Horror Show Page 4

Hopefully she'll get eaten straight away.

Well her presence is going to make it feel real isn't it.
If it was some other random woman it wouldn't have the right Big Brother feel. That's the whole point, you idiots. :)

Quote: Leevil @ October 22 2008, 2:11 PM BST

Hopefully she'll get eaten straight away.

ha ha. reminds my favourite 'eaten alive scene' from Dog Soldiers. When the sergeant tells the werewolf he hopes he gives it the shits. classic.

I have given it much thought and I have decided that werewolves are scarier thsn zombies.

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 2:19 PM BST

If it was some other random woman it wouldn't have the right Big Brother feel. That's the whole point, you idiots. :)

Not saying she shouldn't be there, just not for long.

(Sorry for calling you an idiot. I love you really.)

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 2:29 PM BST

(Sorry for calling you an idiot. I love you really.)

Ah, that's why you're doing that with your hand.

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 2:19 PM BST

Then again, that chatshow she did was pretty terrifying, so maybe having her in it is a masterstroke.

Nah, I just got an itch.

Quote: Leevil @ October 22 2008, 2:28 PM BST

Not saying she shouldn't be there, just not for long.

Her being eaten immediately would be very funny. Just like when Samuel L Jackson is eaten, unexpectedly, in 'deep blue sea.'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwmqp3GLMc

you know it makes sense!

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 2:28 PM BST

I have given it much thought and I have decided that werewolves are scarier thsn zombies.

Zombies work better for me. There's something incredibly nihilistic about them, especially the new improved fast ones. And other than An American Werewolf in London and Ginger Snaps I can't think of many great werewolf movies.

Quote: chipolata @ October 22 2008, 3:08 PM BST

Zombies work better for me. There's something incredibly nihilistic about them, especially the new improved fast ones. And other than An American Werewolf in London and Ginger Snaps I can't think of many great werewolf movies.

dog soldiers? the howling? teen wolf !?

Quote: Nick Rivers @ October 22 2008, 3:15 PM BST

Dog Soldiers - great, but more in an action adventure way. The Howling - excellent, but kind of dated now. And Teen Wolf - not a patch on Teen Wolf Too.

I think the problem I have with Werewolf movies is the special FX: they've never quite managed to make a convincing one. Whereas zombies and vampires are relatively easy to knock out.

(And look at my excellent symetrical post count. :) )

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 2:28 PM BST

Are either, really?

Quote: Nick Rivers @ October 22 2008, 3:15 PM BST

Site rules stipulate that correct English grammar, including capitalisation, is required in posts.

Thanks.

I have NEVER been more scared than when I watched the changing-into-a-werewolf scene in American Werewolf in London.
:)
I was actually shaking.

And opposite to Chipolata, I found the effects in that film to be f**king brilliant! Much more realistic than any zombie I've seen.

(Which is ridiculous as neither werewolves or zombies can look 'realistic' cos, like, they ain't real.)