Dead Set - Charlie Brooker's Horror Show Page 10

Quote: hotzappa11 @ October 28 2008, 1:14 PM BST

It got 1.4 million last night, which is bloody good. Did you see what I did there?

Unfortunately...

Yeah, well, it seemed good at the time.

Really enjoyed it...hooray for fire extinguishers!

Oh wow, that bit was amaaaazing.

I'd not seen one used before and I'm all for new methods of dispatch :)

Mmm, squishy crunchy head pulverisings.

I wanna go on a zombie!

I'd like to make a zombie movie, though I'd stick to the traditional rules.

SLOOOOW zombies.

Damn right :)

Quite enjoyed it and will certainly watch the rest (it's good to see programmes like this on the box) but couldn't help thinking what it would have turned out like had Brooker not taken so much inspiration (either intentional or not) from '28 Days Later'.

Quote: zooo @ October 28 2008, 5:20 PM BST

I wanna go on a zombie!

Blimey.

Quote: mixmasterfestus @ October 28 2008, 5:22 PM BST

I'd like to make a zombie movie, though I'd stick to the traditional rules.

Quote: zooo @ October 28 2008, 5:24 PM BST

SLOOOOW zombies.

Whyy? Fast zombies seem much more fun. :S

Traditionally they are always slow. (and therefore in a hypothetical real life situation, easy to escape and less scary, in my opinion.)

Recently people have been messin' wih the rools and making them fast.

This makes zombie traditionalists angry.

I think there is room for both.

And have just decided there should be a film with two tribes of zombies, one slow and one fast, who have a big fight.

Zombies should be slow as the muscles etc. would have degraded making it difficult to move, let alone run. Maybe there's a case for 'just killed' zombies to be faster. *shrugs* I enjoyed this, even with the running zombies.

If anyone's thinking of 28 Days Later etc. as running zombies they shouldn't. This was a virus effecting the anger of the living, not the dead getting up and running around IIRC.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 28 2008, 8:04 PM BST

Zombies should be slow as the muscles etc. would have degraded making it difficult to move, let alone run. Maybe there's a case for 'just killed' zombies to be faster. *shrugs* I enjoyed this, even with the running zombies.

If anyone's thinking of 28 Days Later etc. as running zombies they shouldn't. This was a virus effecting the anger of the living, not the dead getting up and running around IIRC.

Firtly-Zombies aren't real! So if you wanna make 'em fast-make'em fast!

And as for the non-zombies in 28 Days; basically, they were, weren't they? They said they weren't, but come on. They were zombies. Zombie zombies.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 28 2008, 8:10 PM BST

Firtly-Zombies aren't real! So if you wanna make 'em fast-make'em fast!

And as for the non-zombies in 28 Days; basically, they were, weren't they? They said they weren't, but come on. They were zombies. Zombie zombies.

Hahahaha fair does. But neither is *plucks series from air* Dr Who, and some people would get rather upset if, say, the TARDIS was swapped for a large paddling pool or summut.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.