Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 54

Quote: hotzappa11 @ March 17 2009, 10:42 PM GMT

What's going to happen with the other Christmas Special which was never shown?

That's the one we're talking about.

It was never what you'd call a Christmas special. It was no longer than normal - ie 3 hours - and had no Christmas theme to it.

(Though I'm buggered if I can remember what it's about - must be my age - but at least I should enjoy it)

An update - the Radio Times online schedules have now removed NGO from BBC HD on the 27th. So looks like the episode is being totally held back.

Well that's the hat trick.

I saw the rehearsed reading, the recording and now the TV showing of that one.

It got quite tight in the end. (The script that is)

"I was looking a lion and a witch." Hehe.

Another good episode. I too grew up in Chorley, it can be rough at times. True fact.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ March 20 2009, 10:19 PM GMT

"I was looking a lion and a witch." Hehe.

It's Narnia actually.

"Do you prefer Pav or Pavlov?"
"Either will do"
"Okay Iva"

Good episode tonight, still think Lee is creepy though, snooping through Lucy's drawers this week.

They are terrible puns really - but I love 'em!

Quote: Martin H @ March 20 2009, 11:38 PM GMT

Good episode tonight, still think Lee is creepy though, snooping through Lucy's drawers this week.

Heh...You mean creepy looking through her furniture or clothing?
Whistling nnocently

I'm sure it was meant to have that added meaning in the script, but didn't get many laughs.

Edited by Aaron.

Two things are beginning to bother me about this programme. Firstly the sane, normal characters start doing really odd things. Like marrying someone to keep them in the country. Pavlov had increasingly ludicrous stories about his relatives which I thought would be found out or contradicted or be ridiculed... But no, it was all accepted without question by the wisecracking savvy cast of regulars. All very odd really. There was little in the way of build up to it, and the ridiculous nature of Pavlov's anecdotes underlined how unbelievable it was. It all goes further towards making the story, characters and overall will-they-won't-they plot very uninvolving.

The second thing is that Tim never speaks to his girlfriend; there's almost no connection between the two. It's like they just happen to be in the same room. And given that we have already seen his ex in series 1, the current one is even more unbelievable.

I'm going off it a bit. Great one liners and stuff, but it's slipping...

Edited by Aaron.

Such a funny episode!

"Actually, It's Narnia business!"
"I've found the 2nd hole! It's on the other side, isn't it?!"

Yes, it's ridiculous, but that's the fun of it!
Also a nice scene where Lee tests Lucy about Pavlov and she proves she actually knows quite alot more about him.

Is that the last episode of the series then or we getting episode 8? Anyone know?

Got to love that wardrobe joke!

Quote: PhilSug @ March 17 2009, 2:00 PM GMT

Do we know what's happening to episode 8 of this current series?

I'm still waiting for definite confirmation from the BBC on this, however the final episode has definitely been pulled from the schedules for now. It appears the BBC have suddenly realised putting out a Christmas episode in late March would be a bit odd. The episode has got "Christmas" written all over it (complete with Christmas decorations) so has, I believe, now been penciled in for a December broadcast instead... quite a wait!

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 21 2009, 10:19 AM GMT

Two things are beginning to bother me about this programme. Firstly the sane, normal characters start doing really odd things. Like marrying someone to keep them in the country. Pavlov had increasingly ludicrous stories about his relatives which I thought would be found out or contradicted or be ridiculed... But no, it was all accepted without question by the wisecracking savvy cast of regulars. All very odd really. There was little in the way of build up to it, and the ridiculous nature of Pavlov's anecdotes underlined how unbelievable it was. It all goes further towards making the story, characters and overall will-they-won't-they plot very uninvolving.

They're blinded by emotion. Everyone knows that women love a sob story. :)

Thought that this was a real return to form. It started slowly for the first few minutes but then there were plenty of laughs and it was quite a well plotted story.