The Inbetweeners - Series 1 Page 8

Quote: Oliver @ May 9 2008, 3:45 PM BST

I don't trust your jaunty playful tone! I think it's fake! I think you may be the kind of guy who watched the 'pimms' advert and thought it was genius!

I don't think we get the Pimms advert in the north.

There are still people up there who think that running water is dark magic.

Quote: Aaron @ May 9 2008, 4:05 PM BST

There are still people up there who think that running water is dark magic.

I blooming sit next to one of them. This weather doesn't help either.

AND that's the 400th.

I really liked it. I didn't think it was like Skins at all. It was almost the polar opposite in terms of youth drama - unsexy, uncool characters and mundane lives. The 4 characters were really well defined and there were a lot of really funny moments, especially in the dialogue ("oh yeah? Well I wet your mum's bed... with spunk!"). It seemed true to life in a way, the 4 actors are brilliant, especially the geeky one. Very good comedic use of swearing, too

Quote: Retinend @ May 9 2008, 4:42 PM BST

I really liked it. I didn't think it was like Skins at all. It was almost the polar opposite in terms of youth drama - unsexy, uncool characters and mundane lives. The 4 characters were really well defined and there were a lot of really funny moments, especially in the dialogue ("oh yeah? Well I wet your mum's bed... with spunk!"). It seemed true to life in a way, the 4 actors are brilliant, especially the geeky one. Very good comedic use of swearing, too

i thought the acting was the thing that let it down

Good again last night; not up to the standard of the first two episodes, but still good fun.

I liked it, one of the lads is a real over-acter but I thought the writing was decent and it gives a far better representation of da yoof than Skins has ever done.

F**king hell, Skins is shit.

It's like Peep Show but with kids.

I liked it. Funny, realistic, and likeable.

Quote: Stuart Laws @ May 11 2008, 2:09 PM BST

I liked it, one of the lads is a real over-acter but I thought the writing was decent and it gives a far better representation of da yoof than Skins has ever done.

F**king hell, Skins is shit.

*Gives an e-hand shake.*

Skins is painfully unrealistic - no teens are like that. Ever.

The Inbetweeners is like looking in a mirror in many ways. The middle-class lack of confidence, the obvious intelligence of some young people, they way they never win etc.

Quote: Seefacts @ May 11 2008, 10:33 PM BST

Skins is painfully unrealistic - no teens are like that. Ever.

Very very true. But I still enjoyed it on some level.

Inbetweeners is brilliant though.

Watching some more - it's really likeable.

Not hilarious, but given it's new and trendy and terribly e4, it's actually smart, pacey and got some good laughs in it.

Yeah, not bad. A few annoying actors but I enjoyed it in the whole.

Quote: Stuart Laws @ May 11 2008, 2:09 PM BST

Which one? If I may ask. :)

I found this quite good.
some good lines, very witty!
I really like skinss too!

Looking forward to this one tonight.

The show has been getting a lot of good reviews. It looks like the surprise comedy hit.

Another good episode, a lot better than last weeks with some cracking lines mostly about Neil being poor and his dad being gay. Also hot girls.

"FRIEND! FUCKING FRIEND!"

Edit: The bit at the end where they went to see Will was nice.