The Inbetweeners - Series 1 Page 5

People object to laughter tracks because they can sometimes be intrusive. And reviews don't tell people what to watch, but they can contribute to whether you watch something. Especially if it's not something that tickled your fancy and you were in two minds about watching it in the first place.

Faaaaair enough. I'd still much rather watch and make my own mind up whether to tune in again, but each to their own.

Have you received a bad review at some point Aaron?

You seem quite angry about them :)

I know what you mean though. Sometimes I really hate myself for believing a review and then actually watching said programme/film and find that I really like it.

It's a habit I'm trying to break. Part of me can't help reading them though, you are very restrained :)

*Ooh look, 100 posts. It took me a while but I got there in the end!*

Aaron's angry about everything. It's called Pointy Face Syndrome, where your nose is longer than your penis and it makes you perpetually miffed.

Quote: chipolata @ May 2 2008, 11:32 AM BST

Aaron's angry about everything. It's called Pointy Face Syndrome, where your nose is longer than your penis and it makes you perpetually miffed.

Laughing out loud

I just find that it's far easier, more efficient, and largely more accurate to hate everything by default.

Quote: monkeybeard @ May 2 2008, 11:30 AM BST

Have you received a bad review at some point Aaron?

As I don't read reviews, I wouldn't know, would I?

You seem quite angry about them :)

I just don't personally see any point or worth in them. I like to watch and form my own opinions.

It's a habit I'm trying to break. Part of me can't help reading them though, you are very restrained :)

Like I said, I wouldn't know where to look. It wouldn't - and doesn't - even occur to me to do so.

But aren't most of us reviewing comedy on here? Isn't a lot of the new direction of the site going to have reviews of comedies? You don't have to believe reviews, but they are interesting to read to see what other people think.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ May 2 2008, 7:42 PM BST

But aren't most of us reviewing comedy on here? Isn't a lot of the new direction of the site going to have reviews of comedies? You don't have to believe reviews, but they are interesting to read to see what other people think.

Yeah, but you shouldnt make up your mind about something becasue of reviews; watch and form your own opinion.

Oh, and I watched the first episode of this, will watch the second later, and I really enjoyed it.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ May 2 2008, 7:42 PM BST

Isn't a lot of the new direction of the site going to have reviews of comedies?

It is a facility we will be providing (to submit one's own reviews), yes, but the BSG (and BCG) is and always will be a primarily informative resource. Interactivity, even including this 'ere board, comes second.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 2 2008, 7:54 PM BST

Yeah, but you shouldnt make up your mind about something becasue of reviews; watch and form your own opinion.

I know that's what I said, you don't have to believe the review and then not watch, but they are just interesting to read to get other peoples perspective, especially if it's someone you admire or respect writing the review.

Watched both episodes now, brilliant I thought. Really funny and light with great characters; I hope it manages to stay at somewhee near this level for the rest of the series.

What a splendid load of fun The Inbetweeners is. Proper jokes and everything. I watched the first catch-up episode and laughed like a big fool. And I have the second waiting for me at home. I've been buttonholing colleagues all day and imploring them to watch tonight. I even dragged one of them into my office so he could watch a few clips on the You Tube.

I've got all three on tape now and I'll watch them over the weekend and tell you what I think.

I'm still dubious.....

I quite enjoyed it - watched an episode last night...as I'm still at an age where I can remember what it was like at 6th form - I quite enjoyed it. There were a couple of adult jokes slipped in, subtly too!.

Considering the two writers are in their forties they have done a good job of capturing that age. It's still pretty light on laughs, though.

I thought this was drivel. Badly acted, no flow, quite unrealistic even though it feigns to be so and annoying.

I think the young actors in it are trying to hard and the script is bullshit

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 8 2008, 4:45 PM BST

What a splendid load of fun The Inbetweeners is. Proper jokes and everything. I watched the first catch-up episode and laughed like a big fool. And I have the second waiting for me at home. I've been buttonholing colleagues all day and imploring them to watch tonight. I even dragged one of them into my office so he could watch a few clips on the You Tube.

COCK!