The Inbetweeners - Series 1 Page 4

I laughed out loud loads too.

William was like a mini Stephen Mangan, and the blonde Caravan Club one had all the characteristics of another famous comedy actor, but I can't think who.

I really enjoyed it! Had me laughing out loud a good few times. I felt the acting was a little... dodgy, but the characters were loveable enough for that not to matter. On the whole I'm not a fan of V.O's like that, it feels like an easy way to make jokes. But still, very good.

I'm kind of annoyed I missed it now, although I guess it will be repeated several times over the next week.

I'll try and catch it when it is. I was put off by some pretty horrible reviews but I like to give things a try when folks on this site give it the thumbs up.

Does anyone know when the first repeat session is by chance?

I thought it was okay, nothing particularly special, and nothing we haven't seen before. I've also got a hideous feeling that there's going to be an awful lot of these comedies over the coming years as channels desperately try to chase this particular demographic.

I enjoyed it, had quite a few LOL moments.

Quote: monkeybeard @ May 2 2008, 9:20 AM BST

I was put off by some pretty horrible reviews

Wow. Possibly the first person in history to pay attention to reviews?

Reviews do carry weight, especially with such a lot of shows out there demanding our attention. Often it's not possible to watch everything so you go with a review.

Wow. This is a whole new side of life I never knew existed. :-/

(No. Seriously.)

Quote: Aaron @ May 2 2008, 10:47 AM BST

Wow. Possibly the first person in history to pay attention to reviews?

Sometimes you have to go on reviews if there is a clash over things to watch. I was aware that it being an E4 program it would bound to be on again at some point as well.

Besides, the reviews I saw were so negative you had to take some sort of notice of them.

Plus, negative reviews are fun. Positive reviews are a bit dreary, you really want to see the reviewer get his knife out and bury it in the programs back. And reviewers know this.

Very true. My friend reviews CDs in his column and he just loves it when a bad one comes along. Chance to be a lot more creative with his wording!

I honestly wouldn't even know where to look for reviews!

Call yourself half internet! The reviews are out there, and they are wanting you to read them...read the reviews Aaron...read them....:)

Newspapers. Newspapers websites. Magazines. Points of View. Simon Mayo on Mondays (for TV) and Fridays (for film). Frontrow on Monday's to Friday's at 7.15 on Radio 4. Late review after Newsnight on Fridays. Saturday Review on Radio 4 on Saturdays...

Newspapers. Newspapers websites. Magazines. Points of View. Simon Mayo on Mondays (for TV) and Fridays (for film). Frontrow on Monday's to Friday's at 7.15 on Radio 4. Late review after Newsnight on Fridays. Saturday Review on Radio 4 on Saturdays...

Quote: monkeybeard @ May 2 2008, 11:08 AM BST

Call yourself half internet!

In reality, I'm more than half. I just have no interest in them. They're all a load of bollocks IMO. It's interesting that people object to laughter tracks because they don't like "being told when to laugh", but actively seek out people telling them what to f**king watch in the first place.