Love Soup Series 2

Love Soup Series 2 starts next Saturday BBC1 (1st March).

Now in 30 min format.

I think this was filmed ages ago, any idea why it's taken so long for it to be broadcast?

Maybe because its changed so much, half the running time and the other lead character, the American bloke, is no longer in it, theyve given it some distance from series one so people might come to it as its own thing, like its an entirely new show?

Hasn't it already been on?

:S

Quote: zooo @ February 23, 2008, 3:46 PM

Hasn't it already been on?

:S

Don't think so, unless it's been on BBC4 (not 100% sure)

It probably hasn't. Like you said, it's just taken so long between filming and showing that I've got confused.

No, looks like it hasn't been on. It's just been a very very long time. You can pre-order the DVD and/or box set already though!

Something to look forward to

Was it longer before? I don't remember - but it should still be good if still written by whatisname.

Yes. Apparently there were 12 hour-long episodes in series one. So that's a whole American 'season', if you have the cheek to class it as a 'sitcom'.

Quote: Aaron @ February 23, 2008, 5:24 PM

Yes. Apparently there were 12 hour-long episodes in series one. So that's a whole American 'season', if you have the cheek to class it as a 'sitcom'.

It was a Comedy Drama. Is Montserrat in this one?

Affirmative.

DRAMA: Love Soup
On: BBC 1 London
Date: Saturday 1st March 2008 (starting in 7 days)
Time: 21:00 to 21:30 (30 minutes long)

Smoke and Shadows. Series 2, episode 1.
Comedy series chronicling eternally-single Alice's quest for the perfect partner. Alice is summoned to a mysterious hotel room meeting with her predatory regional manager, Catherine Sumpter. Meanwhile, Cleo struggles to cope with a scathing review of her performance in bed, and Milly finds that she is strangely turned on by a man's shadow.
(Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described)

Starring: Tamsin Grieg, Michael Landes, Sheridan Smith, Montserrat Lombard, Trudie Styler

Oh good to see Trudie in it. She is remarkably sexy - and not just because of the Tantric rumours.

Quote: Aaron @ February 23, 2008, 5:24 PM

No, there were only 6 hourlong episodes in Series 1. Series 2 is cutting the format in half, thus making 12 30-minute episodes.

Ah ok. :)

Thanks for the update! Would have missed it otherwise!

Surely the whole point of Love Soup - at least the first series - was that these two people who were so clearly perfect for each other, never actually met. I nonetheless look forward to series 2.