Love Soup Series 2 Page 18

Quote: Danny K @ May 19 2008, 8:20 PM BST

"You're left wondering, is the crippled wheelchair victim a metaphor for able-bodied people like Alice? Or a symbol that even a wheelchair victim has found a better relationship than Alice can?"

Well my 'eloquent and insightful' rep didn't last long. :$

Nah Aaron likes Green Wing more than Love Soup so he is deliberately obfuscating - he does it a lot at this time of night Whistling nnocently

Well the end of my first day on this forum and I have a DVD on the way with 2 interesting pieces on it. What a helpful and considerate lot you are. And once again many thanks to Alan Cornforth. Cheers!

Oo, that reminds me...

Quote: Danny K @ May 19 2008, 8:28 PM BST

Well the end of my first day on this forum and I have a DVD on the way with 2 interesting pieces on it. What a helpful and considerate lot you are. And once again many thanks to Alan Cornforth. Cheers!

Many people confuse me with Santa Claus - it's the grey beard and red nose Pleased

He has a white beard!

You sir, have been sitting on the knee of a dirty tramp.

Was anyone else (of a certain age) reminded of Follyfoot at the end?

Whatever happened to Dora? (NOT the explorer)

Quote: zooo @ May 19 2008, 9:03 PM BST

He has a white beard!

You sir, have been sitting on the knee of a dirty tramp.

Not recently I assure you :$ I must have been thinking of Gandalf :D

No doubt someone else has mentioned this, either in the forum or in the main BSG pages, but I saw a BBC press release today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/06_june/03/jonathan_creek.shtml

...that announced that a new Jonathan Creek special is being made, with Sheridan Smith (Cleo from Love Soup) as Jonathan's latest girl helper. Can't wait...haven't heard "Danse Macabre" in way too long!

Quote: annagranfors @ June 6 2008, 7:47 PM BST

No doubt someone else has mentioned this, either in the forum or in the main BSG pages, but I saw a BBC press release today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/06_june/03/jonathan_creek.shtml

...that announced that a new Jonathan Creek special is being made, with Sheridan Smith (Cleo from Love Soup) as Jonathan's latest girl helper. Can't wait...haven't heard "Danse Macabre" in way too long!

I read that. I tried to report it here on the BSG News, but Mark rejected it.

Quote: annagranfors @ June 6 2008, 7:47 PM BST

Sheridan Smith (Cleo from Love Soup) as Jonathan's latest girl helper.

BAH!

What's wrong with that?
I thought you liked her!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 6 2008, 7:51 PM BST

I read that. I tried to report it here on the BSG News, but Mark rejected it.

What was his reasoning? That silly boy. He's never even watched Jonathan Creek. It is comedy!

Quote: zooo @ June 6 2008, 7:57 PM BST

What's wrong with that?
I thought you liked her!

Yeah, she's ok, but I just don't like the idea of her as another new sidekick/companion type.

DAMN YOU CAROLINE QUENTIN. DAMN YOU!

Quote: Aaron @ June 6 2008, 7:58 PM BST

What was his reasoning? That silly boy. He's never even watched Jonathan Creek. It is comedy!

That was his main reasoning - claiming it wasn't a comedy. However, it was nominated "Best Comedy Drama" at the British Comedy Awards in 1999 and 2004.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 6 2008, 8:14 PM BST

That was his main reasoning - claiming it wasn't a comedy. However, it was nominated "Best Comedy Drama" at the British Comedy Awards in 1999 and 2004.

Actually, although I admit I was a bit clueless whether it was a comedy, I was in grumpy and ruthless editor mode because I actually thought it was old news ;) (I first heard about the re-make last week I think it was)

Anyway, I welcome this new one-off special because I might finally get around to watching an episode now! I very much like Renwick's writing so I'm a bit embarrased I've not seen Jonathan Creek yet.