Nevermind the Buzzcocks 2007 Page 3

I like amstell, people put him in his place when he's being a prat and it's funny, I do miss Bill Bailey though :(

Must admit found taking the piss out of Jemal (whatever he's called) a bit pointless, the usual jokes I found "so your brothers a peado" hahahah! WOW! havent heard that before Simon, keep em coming!

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 24, 2007, 2:05 PM

Reeves & Mortimer could do proper ... sitcoms

Such as?

I thought Catterick was great.

Quote: Aaron @ November 24, 2007, 4:21 PM

Such as?

Catterick, it was brilliant and very underrated.

Quote: paul watson @ November 24, 2007, 4:20 PM

I like amstell, people put him in his place when he's being a prat and it's funny, I do miss Bill Bailey though :(

Must admit found taking the piss out of Jemal (whatever he's called) a bit pointless, the usual jokes I found "so your brothers a peado" hahahah! WOW! havent heard that before Simon, keep em coming!

I didn't see the show, but that type of ruthless piss-taking is the style of the show, is it not?

"We all like music - let's rip the piss out of it!"

Catterick was devoid of jokes. Less funny than Mortimer's other tour de force, Tittybangbang.

And noticably they've not been given any sitcoms since, I don't think?

Quote: Leevil @ November 24, 2007, 4:24 PM

I didn't see the show, but that type of ruthless piss-taking is the style of the show, is it not?

"We all like music - let's rip the piss out of it!"

It wasn't the usual type of piss-taking though, usually the jokes are the person's choice of career etc, but this was quite brutal for no real reason.

Quote: Aaron @ November 24, 2007, 4:33 PM

Catterick was devoid of jokes. Less funny than Mortimer's other tour de force, Tittybangbang.

And Catterick was devoid of jokes and worse than Tittybangbang?!! What Catterick did you watch? Oh..I forgot you're a Jim Davidson fan, take all opinions lightly. :P

Oh and just because you aren't given another sitcom doesn't mean that it wasn't good. Sean Locke hasn't been given another sitcom but 15 Storey's High is class.

Sean Lock should definitely be given another sitcom! Mainstream or cult, I'd take anything from him. Maybe him and Frankie Boyle as outspoken owners of an opticians?

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 24, 2007, 4:42 PM

And Catterick was devoid of jokes and worse than Tittybangbang?!! What Catterick did you watch? Oh..I forgot you're a Jim Davidson fan, take all opinions lightly. :P

LOL, well, fair enough. Comedy is subjective. (Is that the word I'm looking for? Anyway.)

I never did get around to watching any of those shows. Maybe later, if TV scheduling doesn't clash.

Quote: Mark @ November 24, 2007, 3:45 PM

As for the whole Amstell / Lamarr thing - personally I could stand Mark Lamarr so Amstell makes this watchable for me. From what I hear, it's not just me, a lot more people have started tuning in since he took over.

I guess you mean you COULDN'T stand Lamarr.

He could be a bit of a Clarkson too but he could be funny.

Lamarr could grate I agree, but I think he was very funny on the early series of Buzzcocks, plus he's very passionate about music and comedy so he was a good choice of host. Plus he co-wrote 15 Storey's High, so he is a funny person. Would like to see him work on some new TV stuff actually.

Quote: Aaron @ November 24, 2007, 4:33 PM

Bob Mortimer was involved with Tittybangbang???!!!??? Sick Surely the worst career move he ever made. Caterick was fantastic!

earman, he is one of two creators, and one of two writers. (A bit of additional material admittedly, but as I say...)

Check out the back of the series one DVD. Almost at the bottom on the right-hand side, if I recall correctly, it credits him.

So yeah, I suppose you could say he was involved in it. Laughing out loud

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 24, 2007, 4:42 PM

It wasn't the usual type of piss-taking though, usually the jokes are the person's choice of career etc, but this was quite brutal for no real reason.

Personally I thought it was very mild. Asking, 'has Michael ever done anything strange' was hardly brutal and the comments were so ridiculous that nobody could take them seriously. Jermaine Jackson has appeared on loads of comedy shows over here where he has been gently mocked and if he hated it then he wouldn't keep doing it.

J. Jackson can not possibly go on a show like that and think that he and/or Michael will not be mocked!