Nevermind the Buzzcocks 2007 Page 6

I have a lot of respect for Simon Amstell. I used to be a regular viewer of Popworld, before he and Miquita Oliver left and were subsequently replaced by Alexa Chung (sexy, but extremely irritating), and Alex Zane (I haven't witnessed a person more deserving of a punch in the face than him).

Simon Amstell is an annoying prat. He used to be funny when he was on Channel 4 taking the piss out of pop-stars, but nowadays all he does is go on about being gay and Jewish, which in his mind gives him extra credibility as a comedian. It doesn't. Go away Amstell.

I didn't know he was gay. I quite like him; now he's risen in my estimation as he doesn't seem to go on about his sexuality every 5 minutes. I do find that tiresome.

I think the writing has both improved and not improved since he (Amstall) joined. Mark lamaar was certainly better at delivering scathing lines but Amstall is more confrontational. However you feel that if they have anyone with a backbone on or a brain then Amstall could be out-punned easily. He also goes on about writing the show which Lamaar never did.

Does he? I've not noticed that. Explains the lack of classy humour I suppose.

I just watched a few clips of the show for the first time on Youtube. Funny stuff! I wonder if any of it plays on BBC Canada? Either way funny from what I've seen.

Bob Mortimer is guest captain tonight.

Buzzcocks (along with HIGNFY) has always been my favourite comedy panel show. HIGNFY proved that the guest host idea works, but you need the other regulars to be strong enough to carry the show I don't know who thought replacing Bill Bailey with Noel Fielding was a good idea, but they should be made to walk around ringing a bell and shouting 'I was wrong, I was wrong'.

I'm almost turning the show off because of Noel Fielding!

This preview clip suggests a pretty fun line-up for Phil's team tonight though.

DVD of Simon Amstells time

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/55/70/-/11071649/The-Best-Of-Never-Mind-The-Buzzcocks/Product.html]