Nevermind the Buzzcocks 2007

I noticed a buzzcocks-shaped hole in the boards, so... erm... what does everyone think about the last show (and inevitably, the show generally)?

I like it but it inevitably varies depending on the guests.Noel fielding is guest captaining at the mo and this weeks was funny.Theres a lot of expectation though because of some storming shows last series and last weeks was a bit rubbish

I didn't even know there was a new series, damn!

Simon Amstell continues to be annoying, although admittedly with a good line every now and again. Phil Jupitus continues to look odd since his 'makeover' before the previous series, and whilst funny, Noel looked really, really awful. Like, seriously ill. Probably just the copious amounts of cocaine which he inevitably inhales though.

Yes Lee, that was episode 2 last night. Apparently it's series 21.

Boosh were on it last night apparently and I missed it! anyone got a linky?

you can watch at the beeb site - sorry don't know the link.

i quite like amstell, he is a git but at least he's funny.

thought noel was brill.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 23, 2007, 8:37 PM

Boosh were on it last night apparently and I missed it! anyone got a linky?

Only Noel.

Not Boosh, just Noel Fielding, but he was hilarious. It's a shame he was replacing Bill though. It would have been great to see him and Bill together. I actually enjoy watching the show more now than I did when Mark Lemarr was the host!

Man it was awful. I felt so embarrassed for David Cross, a comedian of such a high standard had to listen to all the crap Fielding, Katy Brand and that fool from The Cribs was spewing out. And Jermaine Jackson was unfairly picked on, not even in a funny way, just cruel.

Giving Cross those cards to read out, what the hell was all that about, what's the point of getting a comedian that great on the show if you're just going to waste them.

I want Lemarr and Bailey back.

Yes, they really savage those hard targets like...Jermaine Jackson and....Preston....

Preston should've known better - but these yanks are probably unaware.

Although he took the jokes about brother Michael quite well.

Well I found it absolutely hilarious. Was laughing all the way through.

I don't think Noel looks ill. He's just pale!

Next week Rich Fulcher is on too! (Bob Fossil)

Quote: zooo @ November 24, 2007, 12:27 AM

I don't think Noel looks ill. He's just pale!

Look closer. He really did not look good. Perhaps it's all the black eyeliner shit he seemed to be wearing, clashing with his uber-pale skin, but he looked really old, leathery, and generally like he should be at home in bed (with Zooo?), if not in hospital.

I don't like The Mighty Boosh, but I like Noel Fielding on this. I was quite impressed with his appearence on the last series and the bosses obviously were as well.

I did feel that they were being cruel to Jermaine, but I was glad to see he kept his cool. Although it is a bit odd him being married to one of his brothers ex wives, ain't it! Also, I loved it when Preston flounced off - he has got to be one of the most misguided, pretentious knobheads to come out of music in the last 5 years.

I think Simon Amstell is funny as well. I think he's given it a new lease of life.

Quote: Aaron @ November 24, 2007, 10:16 AM

Look closer. He really did not look good. Perhaps it's all the black eyeliner shit he seemed to be wearing, clashing with his uber-pale skin, but he looked really old, leathery, and generally like he should be at home in bed (with Zooo?), if not in hospital.

:D I'll give him a bed bath.

He probably does do a bit of naughty sherbert (allegedly etc) but not enough to make him look funny.
He just naturally does look weird, and the makeup he wears doesn't usually help.