Nevermind the Buzzcocks 2007 Page 5

Laughing out loud

Quote: Walker @ December 7, 2007, 8:59 PM

On the Amstell/Lemarr argument, watching repeats on Dave and comparing them to this series, Lemarr was 10 times better than Amstell. I could go into detail, but i think it should be petty obvious, i don't see how anyone could not like Lemarr. I also cannot take Amstell seriously, he looks and sounds like a spoilt kid, and when he insults people you just can't believe it is how he feels. Lemarr on the other hand looked naturally grumpy, depressed and annoyed all the time, so his insults were infinitely more believable.

As far as higher viewing figures go, maybe Amstell is drawing a bigger crowd, but people are forgetting other contributors. Buzzcocks had been on the air for years and built a steady fanbase. Then Lemarr left and you had guest hosts. With names like Jonathan Ross and Jeremy Clarkson, of course the figures are going to go up. Then Amstell takes over, and takes the viewers with him. Then in the second series with him at the helm, you had the controversy with Preston in the papers and on TV before the shows even started airing, that is free advertising if i ever saw it. I don't think Amstell can be given full credit for the increase in popularity.

Don't put down Amstell, if he's raised a larger audience I wouldn't put it down to Preston having a hissy fit (by the way wasn't that on page 32 of the sun in the bottom right hand corner?)

Or a fan base, if I like a programme and it dramatically changes (i.e. new actors, writers, presenters) and they don't do the show justice, I won't watch it.

The same goes for guest hosts, guest hosts are meant to be a change of the norm and provide a temporary shot of higher ratings which can ware of in time (granted HIGNFY gets away with it, but that’s only due to Paul Merton in my opinion).

But they both bought something to the show and at the end of the day they are both good at what they do.

PS - that video was Laughing out loud

I like Lamarr and Amstell equally, they are both of their time.

Which one would you rather shag?
That's the important question.

Amstell would have more moves...

The correct decision!

Phil or Bill or Sean or Noel?

Sean
Noel
then erm...
Phil
Bill.

That was quite difficult!

LOL!

What list is that?

Sean
Phil
Bill
the guy from line up
the desk
Noel

:)
I do love a shag list.

Quote: paul watson @ December 8, 2007, 9:02 PM

The same goes for guest hosts, guest hosts are meant to be a change of the norm and provide a temporary shot of higher ratings which can ware of in time (granted HIGNFY gets away with it, but that’s only due to Paul Merton in my opinion).

Paul Merton hasn't been funny for about three series' now.

Anyway, is this Sean Lock?

Paul Merton hasnt been funny since he escaped the womb, but that my opinion Ian Hislop is a Legend though especially when he's in a bad mood

I was 'doing' Hughes, not Lock.

Ian is actually surprisingly quick. I often forget.

Yes, Ian is great. Very underrated I think.