Nevermind the Buzzcocks 2007 Page 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezCSYdWFTKY

Simon Amstell as a kid on Gamesmaster. Very funny. :D

No fecking way!
That is the funniest thing I've ever seen!

And presented by Dexter Fletcher (can't believe I knew his name without looking it up).

Actually, a couple of very good stories about him on Wikipedia - and apparently Alan Rickman was best man at his wedding!

So now you know.

Anyway, good to see Amstell was always a bit of a cock.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 26, 2007, 11:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezCSYdWFTKY

Simon Amstell as a kid on Gamesmaster. Very funny. :D

:O

I don't know if I remember it being Dexter sexmo Fletcher.
Much better than Dominik freako Diamond, I'm sure.

Who's better; Amstell or Fielding?

That's like asking if you'd rather be drowned or suffocated.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 24, 2007, 1:45 PM

That's an easy argument to take, "if you can do better why aren't you on the show" (I think that's what you are implying, if not then my bad :D) That's just a cop out, I don't have industry contacts to get my stuff out there yet. But if all had to say was..."Ooh a badger wearing infa-rad glasses snuck into my room last night and tried to rape me" or "I went to a hospital made out of Lego and the Duplo Doctors fixed my leg back together with Mechano and crazy glue"...to make it into the 'business'...then I could've done it, but that's not what I want to do. :)

^ :D Amstell read my post, he insulted Fielding for the shitty style of comedy he does, the episode was awful but that was definitely a highlight when Amstell said.."Oh is that funny is it? Just saying wacky things...are you going to stab me with a knife made out of glitter?". It was good to hear, but it would've had a better impact coming from a better comedian rather than Amstell. :)

On the Amstell/Lemarr argument, watching repeats on Dave and comparing them to this series, Lemarr was 10 times better than Amstell. I could go into detail, but i think it should be petty obvious, i don't see how anyone could not like Lemarr. I also cannot take Amstell seriously, he looks and sounds like a spoilt kid, and when he insults people you just can't believe it is how he feels. Lemarr on the other hand looked naturally grumpy, depressed and annoyed all the time, so his insults were infinitely more believable.

As far as higher viewing figures go, maybe Amstell is drawing a bigger crowd, but people are forgetting other contributors. Buzzcocks had been on the air for years and built a steady fanbase. Then Lemarr left and you had guest hosts. With names like Jonathan Ross and Jeremy Clarkson, of course the figures are going to go up. Then Amstell takes over, and takes the viewers with him. Then in the second series with him at the helm, you had the controversy with Preston in the papers and on TV before the shows even started airing, that is free advertising if i ever saw it. I don't think Amstell can be given full credit for the increase in popularity.

Lemarr Owns, watched a shit load of old buzzcocks and laughed my ass off

I must admit I don't get why Noel Fielding's 'surreal' style is lauded when it all it seems to be is a load of unusual words crammed together to make a sentence. Saying that, I do like him on Buzzcocks whereas I can barely watch The Mighty Boosh.

Also, I loved it in this weeks episode when Flieschman(sp?) had the comeback of "Lamarr would have researched that". That certainly shook Amstell!

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 7, 2007, 8:59 PM

^ :D Amstell read my post, he insulted Fielding for the shitty style of comedy he does, the episode was awful but that was definitely a highlight when Amstell said.."Oh is that funny is it? Just saying wacky things...are you going to stab me with a knife made out of glitter?". It was good to hear, but it would've had a better impact coming from a better comedian rather than Amstell. :)

That was really funny! A forum argument come to life.

Although, Simon made a pathetic but well meaning 'scissors made of glitter' attempt, and Fielding killed it with a rather good 'motorbike made of jealousy'.

And then I'll shoot you will a foam gun and Philadelphia bullets.

Don't give up the day job.
That visual has actually made me feel a bit sick. Sick
Good Philadelphia should not be wasted!

Laughing out loud

My theory: It IS just random words strung together, but the actual delivery is what "makes it" for fans. And the fans (well, Zooo) can't really picture the phrases above (save mine, 'cos I was just taking the piss) being delivered in the same manner, so not judging them to "work".

And since I am always right, let that be the end of it. :)