Nevermind the Buzzcocks 2007 Page 2

Quote: zooo @ November 24, 2007, 10:51 AM

:D I'll give him a bed bath.

I bet you'd give him more than that. ;)

Quote: zooo @ November 24, 2007, 10:51 AM

He probably does do a bit of naughty sherbert (allegedly etc) but not enough to make him look funny.

Naughty sherbert! Laughing out loud Brilliant! :D

I couldn't stand Katy Brand, I could see her straining to think of something funny to say all the way through, but everything that she said was just embarrassing. Especially that sycophantic remark about being sung to by Germaine Jackson. I saw a bit of her show last night, too, which was shit.

Personally, I thought she was alright. Certainly nowhere near as bad as the impression of her you evidently got!

Quote: David Chapman @ November 24, 2007, 12:03 AM

Preston should've known better - but these yanks are probably unaware.

Although he took the jokes about brother Michael quite well.

Exactly, Preston knows the show and should've known what to expect from it and also Preston can be a bit of a twat. But Jermaine doesn't know the show, plus he's a really nice bloke and the 'jokes' they were making at him weren't even funny or really to do with him, cheap shots at his brother Michael and what was all that stuff about murdering someone? He took it well though, although you could see he just wanted to leave about half-way through.

But I guess if you like sub-whimsy about Bertie Bassett and other confectionery then this is the show for you. I prefer jokes. :D

Oooh!

Well *I* prefer people who can be funny off the bat, and not rely on pre written material.
So THERE!

:)

Quote: zooo @ November 24, 2007, 12:31 PM

Oooh!

Well *I* prefer people who can be funny off the bat, and not rely on pre written material.
So THERE!

:)

:D I prefer people who can be funny off the bat with jokes from off the top of their head and not just say the name of a sweet or an animal etc. :P

No, my point is though that anyone can do that stuff, just say stupid things that don't really make much sense.

Well, I disagree.

But if you can do it as well as him, you should be on the show too!

That's an easy argument to take, "if you can do better why aren't you on the show" (I think that's what you are implying, if not then my bad :D) That's just a cop out, I don't have industry contacts to get my stuff out there yet. But if all had to say was..."Ooh a badger wearing infa-rad glasses snuck into my room last night and tried to rape me" or "I went to a hospital made out of Lego and the Duplo Doctors fixed my leg back together with Mechano and crazy glue"...to make it into the 'business'...then I could've done it, but that's not what I want to do. :)

No I was being serious!
They made me laugh, so if you think that's easy then you *should* be on there too.
Cos it's not easy for me, that's for flipping sure.

For the record, I don't see it as Noel (or whoever) saying something 'weird' and that being automatically funny. He's saying the right weird thing, that fits in the context. Like Vic Reeves does.

Quote: zooo @ November 24, 2007, 1:49 PM

For the record, I don't see it as Noel (or whoever) saying something 'weird' and that being automatically funny. He's saying the right weird thing, that fits in the context. Like Vic Reeves does.

Surely the thing that makes Vic Reeves funny is that's totally out of context!

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it though.

Quote: zooo @ November 24, 2007, 1:49 PM

No I was being serious!
They made me laugh, so if you think that's easy then you *should* be on there too.
Cos it's not easy for me, that's for flipping sure.

I just think it's a very poor argument. You have to work lots to get into the business, or have lots of contacts. I certainly don't have the contacts and have only been writing just over a year so to say "if you can do better why aren't you on there" is just a lazy argument I think.

Plus Reeves & Mortimer could do proper jokes, proper sketches and proper sitcoms as well as all the whimsy, which is what makes them a great comedy double act. I haven't seen the Boosh do anything other than crappy surreal stuff. "It's like a glass horse filled with candy.." or something like that is what it says on the Boosh advert on the radio...yeah very in context. :)

Nooooo, I wasn't being all sarcy. I actually meant it.
But if you keep misunderstanding me I will bloody take it back. *grumble*

Anyway, you don't like the Boosh, fair enough.

I think they are the only people, however, who do come close to being as good as Vic and Bob. Whilst still being miles below them, obviously.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 24, 2007, 1:45 PM

But if all had to say was..."Ooh a badger wearing infa-rad glasses snuck into my room last night and tried to rape me" or "I went to a hospital made out of Lego and the Duplo Doctors fixed my leg back together with Mechano and crazy glue"...

Laughing out loud

That's uncanny.

Going back a bit, I agree with what was said earlier - Noel Fielding looked ill - probably all the drugs he's been doing!

As for the whole Amstell / Lamarr thing - personally I could stand Mark Lamarr so Amstell makes this watchable for me. From what I hear, it's not just me, a lot more people have started tuning in since he took over.

I really liked Mark on Shooting Stars. He was better than Will Self. However, On Buzcocks, he wasn't as good. I think Simon does a better job of hosting the show. As for Noel Fielding, I think he looked fine. And he was HILARIOUS. He always is.