The Rebel - Series 1 Page 6

Going back today!

I shall endeavour to watch this, Beaky. See if I can remember to record it. If someone puts a reminder of when it starts on here it will help because I tend to forget things. Callow though eh! :) Hope the sets are chew proof :D

Thanks, Alfred. I'll post a reminder just before. And Simon's really easy to work with - a true professional, as you'd have imagined.

I'm going to set the TiVo tonight, so I don't forget next week. It's great to see a true BCG success story on the horizon.

It's the week after next, BN. The 20th. Unless the week starts on a Sunday, of course...I've never been sure!

Quote: beaky @ 10th July 2016, 1:52 PM BST

It's the week after next, BN. The 20th. Unless the week starts on a Sunday, of course...I've never been sure!

Me neither! I have the feeling that the programme guide will assist me.

Quote: beaky @ 10th July 2016, 1:52 PM BST

Me neither! I have the feeling that the programme guide will assist me.

Having looked at the broadcasting details, the first episode - Law - is being shown on Wednesday July 20th at 10 p.m. on Gold, and is being repeated on Friday July 22nd at 9.40 p.m.

I too will be watching this.
Magnificent news! Congratulations beaky :)

Just watched the first episode on Demand. Well done, beaky - I enjoyed it. The script was good but you've got some great actors there to pull it off! Callow and Paterson, a dream combo. Already looking forward to the second episode and hope for your sake that Gold see sense in this one and give it a second series. I bet it was great to film and be a part of.

Bravo Beaky.

I've just watched the first episode on demand as well.

Henry Palmer is my new hero!

Great cast, great performances and great writing. I really enjoyed the anarchy of it. I have had that returning the trolley moment ( I just swore very loudly). I really liked the way that the characters have been defined so quickly to set the series up. The police officer was a really great character, is he a regular? It was also great to see Simon Williams back on the tele.

I also really liked the obvious friendship between Henry and Charles which balances the angryness of Henry.

A great achievement. You are now surely the most successful member of the BCG.

Maybe Aaron could add 'The Rebel' to the thread title - it deserves it.

Well done to Gold as well.

Ah, I didn't realise this particular sitcom was yours, Beaky!

Seen the trailer several times so far and really liked it, so will make sure I get round to watching it asap!

Loved the first episode. I wonder Beaky if maybe you could do some sort of blog post about the whole process of getting it from script to screen? I'd be very interested to hear about it!

Thanks so much, everyone! So pleased you like it. I love this forum, so your opinions mean a lot to me. Oddly enough, I've already written an account of getting The Rebel from cartoon strip to sitcom, which is being published in Friday's I newspaper.

To answer Will, PC Burns (Philip Cumbus) returns in episode 2, and is even more annoying.

Quote: beaky @ 14th July 2016, 9:46 AM BST

To answer Will, PC Burns (Philip Cumbus) returns in episode 2, and is even more annoying.

Yey! Looking forward to it already.

My favourite aspects were the pastiche of Quadrophenia, and of course the towering presence of Palmer himself; what a great character.

For anyone who might not realise, you can watch this on Now TV.