The Rebel - Series 1 Page 7

Quote: beaky @ 14th July 2016, 9:46 AM BST

Thanks so much, everyone! So pleased you like it. I love this forum, so your opinions mean a lot to me. Oddly enough, I've already written an account of getting The Rebel from cartoon strip to sitcom, which is being published in Friday's I newspaper.

Popped out and got the 'i' this morning and loved the article, especially your "Meldrew irritations" - white people with dreadlocks Laughing out loud Yes!!

I have to admit I had never bought the paper before, but thought it was an excellent publication and all for 40p!

Yes, Hercules, it's a good paper - at least something emerged unscathed from the closure of the Independent...

Quote: beaky @ 15th July 2016, 4:13 PM BST

Yes, Hercules, it's a good paper - at least something emerged unscathed from the closure of the Independent...

Yes, and all I need now is some way to watch "The Rebel" without having to buy a bundle from Virgin...............let's hope someone puts it up on YouTube............that is if you didn't mind. ;)

(Contacts lawyers and issues a restraining order against HGT)

Simon Callow, Bill Paterson and Anita Dobson on The One Show on BBC1 today at 7.00 p.m. talking about the sitcom. The show debuts tonight at 10.00 on Gold. Fingers crossed!

Wow, great! Never miss The One Show and what a brilliant bit of publicity. .....
Break a leg. :D

"I know we weren't written by Beaky, but gizza chance!"

Good luck tonight, Andrew!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Quote: beaky @ 20th July 2016, 1:35 PM BST

Thanks for the good wishes!

Good luck from me too - I've shared the link to my (paltry!) number of Facebook followers urging them to watch it too :)

There was also an interview with Simon Callow in this week's Radio Times. He's recently tied the knot with his partner, Sebastian.

That's a nice first forum read. I suppose the luck they are wishing you is for good viewing figures, as you have already done all the hard work.
I shall add mine too and hope there are millions of viewers.

That'd be marvellous!

Even more marvelous would be if Brian May appeared just because Anita Dobson is in it. Though it's usually Roger Daltrey who's keenest on the acting stuff.

Quote: Ronald S @ 20th July 2016, 3:57 PM BST

That's a nice first forum read. I suppose the luck they are wishing you is for good viewing figures, as you have already done all the hard work.
I shall add mine too and hope there are millions of viewers.

Regrettably I don't think it will be millions. A great shame being on a pay per view station.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th July 2016, 7:25 PM BST

Regrettably I don't think it will be millions. A great shame being on a pay per view station.

If only!

I've watched the first episode this evening. Really, really enjoyed it. Very funny. A breath of fresh air.