The Rebel - Series 1 Page 4

Quote: beaky @ 18th January 2016, 8:36 PM GMT

Oh dear! That doesn't sound too promising...

There's always a first!

Too busy blowing my own stupid trumpet to spot this.
Bloody well done!
Crossing everything on your behalf!
:)

Sounds interesting, well done. I don't have any method of watching it, though. Except going to someone's house and demanding I watch it. Might just do that...

It's no good, I am going to have to ask, as no one else has - mere coincidence it is the same title as Tony Hancock's film?

Certainly hope you have more success with it than he did. Not his best work by any means. Punch and Judy Man was a far superior film, but that might be just me and my obsession with British B&W films and of that period.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th January 2016, 3:42 PM GMT

Not his best work by any means. Punch and Judy Man was a far superior film, but that might be just me and my obsession with British B&W films and of that period.

Yeah, just you. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th January 2016, 3:42 PM GMT

It's no good, I am going to have to ask, as no one else has - mere coincidence it is the same title as Tony Hancock's film?

Certainly hope you have more success with it than he did. Not his best work by any means. Punch and Judy Man was a far superior film, but that might be just me and my obsession with British B&W films and of that period.

Coincidence, Hercules. I know and love Hancock's film, but thought that it was made long enough ago not to mind sharing its title...

Just noticed this thread. Well done, Sir.

Well done indeed.

You know when a cartoon becomes live action...er...

What I'm trying to ask is: Will Stan Lee be in it? :)

We thought Stan Lee was too young, Paul.
I've spent the week rehearsing with the director and actors in London - enormous fun, but exhausting! (The worst bit travelling to and from Brighton during rush hour, a nightmare) I can still hardly believe my luck, to be working with such talent. Filming starts on Monday. Everyone's very optimistic about the series.

Any idea when it will air Beaky?

Did you see Callow in Brian Pern?
Another great turn from Mr Chance

Congratulations Beaky, sorry for the belated congrats however I can only echo what the others have said and bloody well done mate. If our paths should cross then you have a very big hug and kiss awaiting you.

Strumpet

Quote: beaky @ 5th February 2016, 9:39 PM GMT

We thought Stan Lee was too young, Paul.
I've spent the week rehearsing with the director and actors in London - enormous fun, but exhausting! (The worst bit travelling to and from Brighton during rush hour, a nightmare) I can still hardly believe my luck, to be working with such talent. Filming starts on Monday. Everyone's very optimistic about the series.

So pleased for you Beaky. :)

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. We don't know when it'll be aired yet, the broadcaster wants to be sure it doesn't clash with other events or new sitcoms from other broadcasters. Looking forward to Strumpet's embrace!

Amazing ! Has Spain got a Brighton too ?

Seriously well done

Blooming heck! Just spotted this. Very well done, beaky/Andrew. Fab news and congratulations! Hope it goes well and is received similarly!

Dan