The Rebel - Series 1 Page 10

Everything's crossed at the moment, Aaron! Waiting to hear the viewing figures. Thanks to everyone - well, almost everyone - for your support.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th January 2016, 11:28 AM

I sincerely hope it does get picked up by one of the terrestrial channels beaky, as I would love to see it; but haven't got Gold in my Virgin package. :(

Presumably you will get to meet Simon Callow et al? :)

It's ch 124 you should have it even in a basic contract with Virgin.

I just managed to "acquire" the series and I very much enjoyed the first episode. I'm looking forward to watching the other two.

I watched the third episode this afternoon. I have really enjoyed this series - such a shame it was tucked away on Gold. I think if it had been on mainstream telly, it would have been popular.

I also thought the acting from Callow and Paterson was excellent. Here's hoping for a second series, with more than three episodes?

Beaky, can we get a Christmas Special this year please?

There's a thoughtful, though not entirely positive, review here, along with some pertinent comments*: http://randomramblingsthoughtsandfiction.blogspot.co.id/2016/07/tv-review-simon-callow-isthe-rebel.html

* I had been thinking this too: A middle aged frumpy woman is married to an effeminate Indian teenager. This must rate as the most mismatched couple on television ever.
But then I thought, perhaps she is such an unlikable woman, that her only way of finding a pleasant husband was to marry an Indian student (young enough to be her son) seeking a British visa.

Quote: G180e @ 5th August 2016, 11:07 PM

I watched the third episode this afternoon. I have really enjoyed this series - such a shame it was tucked away on Gold. I think if it had been on mainstream telly, it would have been popular.

I also thought the acting from Callow and Paterson was excellent. Here's hoping for a second series, with more than three episodes?

Beaky, can we get a Christmas Special this year please?

I only hope I can oblige you, G!

Quote: Kenneth @ 6th August 2016, 4:35 AM

There's a thoughtful, though not entirely positive, review here, along with some pertinent comments*: http://randomramblingsthoughtsandfiction.blogspot.co.id/2016/07/tv-review-simon-callow-isthe-rebel.html

* I had been thinking this too: A middle aged frumpy woman is married to an effeminate Indian teenager. This must rate as the most mismatched couple on television ever.
But then I thought, perhaps she is such an unlikable woman, that her only way of finding a pleasant husband was to marry an Indian student (young enough to be her son) seeking a British visa.

Who can explain love?
Anna is 40 and Amit 35, by the way...

Quote: beaky @ 6th August 2016, 11:20 AM

Who can explain love?
Anna is 40 and Amit 35, by the way...

Golly! He looks younger than 35.

His ears make him look younger.

Caught up on episodes 2 and 3 today Beaky, thoroughly enjoyed both. I really hope they make more. Is there anything as fans we can do to show our support?

I'll send you my bank details, Will.
Seriously, you've done more than enough with your kind words. Audience figures is the only factor that matters at this stage...

Is there going to be a second series in 2017 then? I have just seen an advert on UKTV Gold for 2017 and The Rebel was featured.

Please tell me there are more episodes on the way?

That's just promoting a repeat run. Hopefully a second series is indeed forthcoming though.

we're still on tenterhooks - UKTV are putting all new commissions on hold during negotiations with Sky. Fingers still crossed!

Oo er, negotiations for what? New contracts to carry their channels?

Quote: beaky @ 5th January 2017, 9:05 PM

we're still on tenterhooks - UKTV are putting all new commissions on hold during negotiations with Sky. Fingers still crossed!

Good luck Beaky, fingers crossed for you.