What are you reading right now? Page 194

I watched a documentary about logic last night that mentioned how Alice was all part of the logic movement. Very interesting stuff!

It's called an acrostic: a poem or puzzle whose first or last letters of each line spell out a name or message. Very Victorian.

I've just started last year's Booker winner - 'The Luminaries' - Eleanor Catton. It's about 800 pages long so that should keep me going for a while.

Quote: beaky @ 6th February 2014, 4:16 PM GMT

I remember that he "borrowed" Lord Maulever's clothes ... and was kidnapped by an American gangster, thinking the Owl was the schoolboy earl.

There's a similar plot device in Bunter the Sportsman, where Bunter borrows Mauly's coat before surreptitiously joining the Bounder on a midnight outing in a Rolls Royce. The escapade ends disastrously and Bunter is later sought by crooks who think he's the schoolboy earl.

About to start this; the Writer wrote one of my favourite McCoy Who stories:

New Scientist

Report on 'Faecal Transplants'.

A book I we were "forced" to read at school, but none of us enjoyed and all failed miserably on the test:-

"Greenmantle" by John Buchan, with the hero Richard Hannay - he of "The Thirty-Nine Steps" that I am sure most people are familiar with.

Reading it now, which I am thoroughly enjoying, I can see why it did not appeal when I was a mere slip of a lad at school - plenty of derring but not enough do.

Might have made a good film at the time, but maybe not in this day and age.

Donnie Brasco - Unfinished Business

Just finished Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. Meh is about the best way I can describe it.

About to start The Antipope by Robert Rankin.

the Last Word Hanif Kureishi

Good story. Annoying characters. Some top aphorisms but...litbiz people are a load of crap. Books, too.

Well right now, I am reading this forum page entitled "What are you reading right now?". Laughing out loud

I'm reading my own book trying to make sure I don't have any continuity issues in the sequel. It's so mental tat even I can't remember who's who or what's what! I've also got three other books on the go - all biographies....Peter Cook, Tom Baker, Tony Hancock.

This article on the BCG: https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/the_impact_of_comedy/

Having a go at one of those Stephen King thingies for the first time:

Before that I read ths thing, because I'm a 15 year old girl: