Newsjack - Series 11 Page 9

Got my one-liners in... roll on Thursday!

2 weeks in a row I've managed the maximum submission.

And this week's the 50th episode that I've submitted to.

So hopefully I can improve on my 6 credits & 2 cut for time emails.

Looking forward to listening to the podcast on Friday.

Well done Matt - Not sure how many I've submitted but I'm trying to build on my 3 credits and 1 recorded but cut

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 30th September 2014, 12:01 PM BST

Well done Matt - Not sure how many I've submitted but I'm trying to build on my 3 credits and 1 recorded but cut

Thanks. All the best with your submissions, too.

Oh, and this is my 100th forum post. I'm reaching milestones all over the place this week.

I've just seen on Twitter that Newsjack got 2,736 one-liners this week!!!

So that means (and my maths isn't great), if I sent 9 then I've got less than a 1 in 300 chance of one of them getting used.

Quote: Bonzo @ 30th September 2014, 1:23 PM BST

So that means (and my maths isn't great), if I sent 9 then I've got less than a 1 in 300 chance of one of them getting used.

That only works if there wasn't bias based on the probability - which there is - cause it's about the quality of the jokes. You can probably rule out 50% of the jokes submitted for being crap.

So as long as you have at least one good joke you have a probability of 1 in 150 chance.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 30th September 2014, 1:30 PM BST

That only works if there wasn't bias based on the probability - which there is - cause it's about the quality of the joke. You can probably rule out 50% of the joke submitted for being crap.

So as long as you have at least one good joke you have a probability of 1 in 150 chance.

I feel much better about things now!

If they use you, when do they let you know?

Quote: Ahem @ 30th September 2014, 4:07 PM BST

If they use you, when do they let you know?

Ahem - you'll get an e-mail on Thursday if you got something in the final show or something was recorded but cut.

Our three sketches this week covered:
- Brooks Newmark
- UKIP defections
- Kim Jong-un illness

(Worryingly I had to check what we sent as forgotten already - that's probably not a good sign!)

Thanks.

We will see where we get, but I sent one liners which apparently are in high supply.

When is Thursday? It should be here already!

Quote: StephenM @ 30th September 2014, 5:59 PM BST

Our three sketches this week covered:
- Brooks Newmark
- UKIP defections
- Kim Jong-un illness

Er, it's two sketches per person

Well one of those is obviously an advert...

Quote: Rob Falconer @ 30th September 2014, 6:28 PM BST

Er, it's two sketches per person

Yeah the Brooks Newmark one was an ad/quickie.

Quote: Bonzo @ 30th September 2014, 1:23 PM BST

More than likely it will be the same one-liner 2,736 times... Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Errr

This was on Twitter - is it you?

Newsjack @NewsjackBBC
Hi. Did one of you send one-liners in w/ the following words in them: Thom Yorke/Birmingham/Mantra." You didn't put your name on the form!!!