Two Doors Down Page 7

I started watching it last night, and gave up after about five minutes, when they were faffing around in a tea shop. For me it was dull and completely lacking in humour.

I have to agree Beaky. The point of Elaine buying everything with the loyalty card went nowhere. I was sure she had found it or maybe found the lost wallet and taken it.
Doon might have lightened it up alas but her replacement is pointless.

I hoped there would have been a payoff with Christine's card [such as it being invalid and Christine having to pay for everything], I think they wanted to prove they could do something more emotional than what they usually do, which I believe they did perfectly. I watched it with family last night, and they said it was the first time Two Doors Down almost brought them to tears because of Christine nearly being alone and they joy on her face when she knew her family were going to with her.

I agree with criticisms (there should have been a silly/sneaky hook with the loyalty points) BUT I'm also a sucker for a happy ending, so really enjoyed yesterday's episode!

Waste of telly time. From the non-plot to the treacly messaging and the obsequious virtue signalling. Absolute rubbish!

Any news on a new series of Two Doors Down?

It's been milked to death. I was a fan but it has run beyond its course. Losing Doon was its death knell.

I think the BBC will perhaps keep it going for a couple more series.

Series 7 has been announced, BBC One is its new home too (as we expected since they put the Christmas special there).

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7204/two-doors-down-series-7-on-bbc1/

Great news! Roll on Series 7.

I'm so glad to hear this, it just wasnt the same without Cathy.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7398/two-doors-down-doon-mackichan-back-cathy/

Does anyone know if Anne Marie [Sibhinonan Redmond] is still in the show. a Cathy/Anne-Marie cat fight would be amazing.

She's not been credited, so if so only as a non-regular guest role.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th June 2023, 7:02 PM

She's not been credited, so if so only as a non-regular guest role.

The writers have missed a trick there, hopefully she's in the first episode [effectively a transfer of power] she can briefly meet Cathy and they'll have a cat fight.