- 2013 - 2019
- BBC Two, BBC One
- 26 (1 pilot + 4 series)
- Arabella Weir, Alex Norton, Doon Mackichan, Jonathan Watson, Elaine C. Smith, Jamie Quinn, Kieran Hodgson, Joy McAvoy and others
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp
- Simon Hynd and Sasha Ransome
- Catherine Gosling Fuller and Margot Gavan Duffy
Comedy centred around a couple and their insufferable neighbours.
Latimer Crescent residents Eric and Beth Baird are friendly, warm, and perhaps a little too polite for their own good. They're more than happy to welcome son Ian and his boyfriend into their home; but neighbours Cathy, Colin and Christine regularly make their presence felt in a far more forceful manner.
Christine is a moaner, hypochondriac and freeloading single mother who's kept now-adult daughter Sophie on a short-lead of guilt trips for many years. The thoroughly pleasant Sophie finds her mother intensely embarrassing but gradually finds her own voice - and not without Beth's help.
Cathy, however, is right at the other end of the scale. Prone to flying off the handle and with a very middle-class heavy drinking problem, she's completely unaware of her bossiness and imposition upon others. She's a snob through and through, coupled with a sense of high-and-mighty entitlement. Husband Colin is not an awful lot better, but certainly not as brash or imposing as his wife.
Stuck between the three houses, Eric and Beth struggle to hold things together, trying not to upset the delicate peace that (just about) holds between the disparate groups. If war broke out, these people could make their lives a whole lot more hellish.
These are the trials and tribulations of living on a suburban street with people you'd often much rather do without.
- Production companies
- Theme tune for the series is SOB by Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats.
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 31st December 2013 on BBC One at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 11th February 2019 on BBC Two at 10pm
- Last repeat
- Monday 20th January 2020 at 12:00am on Gold