The Wright Way Page 22

Quote: swerytd @ May 9 2013, 1:03 PM BST

My 11-month-old has never really noticed the TV, but the first thing I've seen her pointing at and laughing hysterically was... the really rude scene in episode 2 with all of them with the dummies. So, if it works at an 11-month-old level, it's obviously doing something right!

Laughing out loud

I must say I do like the show's theme tune. I am really enjoying the series so far but I doubt it will be given a second series with the way it's been panned by the critics when there is nothing wrong with it and it is funny!

With each episode this steaming pile of excrement of a show grows larger!

I can't take anymore of it, it's utter toss.

Ben Elton needs to sod off back to the West End.

Little miss posh Edmondson's sloane "yoot speech" is so unfunny and crass!

This is a f**king atrocity simple as!
What the f**k is going on at the BBC?

This site alone must have hundreds of writers who have sat up into the night putting together scripts that would tear this tripe to pieces.
Then they all trundle off and post it (No emails allowed, and you submit all your details so they know who you are and where you're from before they decide to look at what you produce)

Yet this tripe passes every level of the process and gets on air.

Do these people expect the production crew or the cast to admit what they're doing is a load of shite? What and lose their wages and get blacklisted.

No this show is an indication of everything that is wrong in big companies, these people might have a giant f**king building in central London but the bulk of the deals are being done in f**king toilets.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ May 15 2013, 11:30 AM BST

This is a f**king atrocity simple as!
What the f**k is going on at the BBC?

This site alone must have hundreds of writers who have sat up into the night putting together scripts that would tear this tripe to pieces.
Then they all trundle off and post it (No emails allowed, and you submit all your details so they know who you are and where you're from before they decide to look at what you produce)

Yet this tripe passes every level of the process and gets on air.

Do these people expect the production crew or the cast to admit what they're doing is a load of shite? What and lose their wages and get blacklisted.

No this show is an indication of everything that is wrong in big companies, these people might have a giant f**king building in central London but the bulk of the deals are being done in f**king toilets.

I'm sorry, but this makes you sound a bit paranoid,
Hundreds of writers who could do better on this site?
No. Possibly half-a-dozen, but that's pushing it.
There's no conspiracy to keep people out - just a realisation that it's normally safer to go with a tried, tested and previously successful writer.
No-one gets blacklisted.
And by what mechanism would people lose their wages?
These 'big' companies are full of people who desperately want to be connected with great programmes.
They get it wrong sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's awful.
But it's not a conspiracy.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 15 2013, 11:41 AM BST

No-one gets blacklisted.

Well there's not an official list, no.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 15 2013, 11:41 AM BST

These 'big' companies are full of people who desperately want to be connected with great programmes.

The BBC of course, isn't a company. Which is part of the problem.

I actually watched last night's episode twice, and laughed on both occasions. I'm very thankful to have it on air.

I not suggesting that there's a Robert Ludlum character sitting the shadows orchestrating the whole f**king shooting match from a high winged chair!

But it would be a fool who could not see that certain people are being given work that they neither merit nor warrant and it begs the questions How? & Why?.

By saying they stick with tried and tested formats is far too simple a stance and if that is the case the people commissioning should be stood down based on that premise!
As for these boards I do think there are hundreds on here that could surpass that bile.

As for the Writersroom wanting peoples details, why? what are they offering? They're not offering feedback or interviews to everyone are they?
So what do they want it for? I'll tell you to justify the Writesroom existence and wage bill, because there is no way that stuff better than that shit that Ben Eltons is writing doesn't land on their mat daily!

I'n not paranoid or a class warrior I just know a caper when I smell one.

I quite liked it again. It's no classic but it makes me laugh.

Dan

I really enjoyed it again by no means is it a classic

It's not a classic, I'm never going to buy it on DVD, but I'm afraid I do laugh every time he writes ARSE HOLE or BIG COCK on the board.

And then says "You are looking at a massive arse hole". Laughing out loud

It has been great so far. Keep it up all of Ben Elton sitcoms like me for some reason. 2nd Series please.

Quote: Aaron @ May 15 2013, 9:21 PM BST

And then says "You are looking at a massive arse hole". Laughing out loud

Hehehe.