The Wright Way Page 24

This is good, however this is quite possibly the worst comedy he has ever done.

Quote: David Smith @ May 23 2013, 8:05 PM BST

This is good, however this is quite possibly the worst comedy he has ever done.

Possibly? Actually no. And the expression 'he has ever done' is a bit wanky isn't it of you think about it?

My name's Ben Elton GOODNIGHT

Shame that the BBC are thinking of not renewing it for a second series as I have personally really loved all of the series. I also feel that the ratings have been rather good for it's timeslot nearly 2 million most weeks.

Yes, very good figures considering the timeslot. It's outperformed The Matt Lucas Awards. A shame if they drop it.

Quote: Aaron @ May 24 2013, 5:15 PM BST

Yes, very good figures considering the timeslot. It's outperformed The Matt Lucas Awards. A shame if they drop it.

I agree. It will be a shame as I have really been fond of the series. Teary

Quote: gumbo @ May 24 2013, 4:11 PM BST

My name's Ben Elton GOODNIGHT

No.

Well after watching this shit, I actually want my licence fee refunded, this is such a let down after watching the Graham Norton which was fantastic. The people cannot act its not funny at all. In fact I teach year 7 pupils and they act better. This is an embarrassment to British sitcoms. Pure shit in my opinion, considering that there are a few good actors featured in this, this really bad script by Ben Elton.

This is not funny,bad acting, bad writing !!!!!!!!
worst comedy ever needs to be axed ASAP

I hope you are not teaching year seven English, Monica?

I watched the first two episodes of Filthy, Rich and Catflap the other day, and after a creaky start they were really good. But it relied on the wild anarchism that was Elton's hallmark, which The Wright Way doesn't have.

Why have BBC been quoted as saying that the ratings aren't good when it's 2 million? Sounds like they are taking the critics too seriously. They should be strong and re-commission it.

Quote: Dave @ May 25 2013, 11:49 AM BST

Why have BBC been quoted as saying that the ratings aren't good when it's 2 million? Sounds like they are taking the critics too seriously. They should be strong and re-commission it.

The critics are kind of irrelevant. The timeslot rather hinted they'd decided not to recommission it long before even episode one had aired.

Quote: Dave @ May 25 2013, 11:49 AM BST

Is two million on BBC One strong? Compared to other BBC One sitcoms, it's pretty low, isn't it..? I know it's on late.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 25 2013, 11:59 AM BST

Is two million on BBC One strong? Compared to other BBC One sitcoms, it's pretty low, isn't it..? I know it's on late.

I suppose, though what time did Mrs Browns Boys start originally? That was on late too, wasn't it?