Newsjack - Series 8 Page 7

I managed to write three sketches - all of which I'm pretty pleased with.

The Pope resigns a hour before the deadline for topical sketches, how inconsiderate is that?

He doesn't work on a Sunday.

Dan

Don't worry, you can still get in a few one-liners.

I decided to be pro active this time around and have submitted 3 sketches that I'm reasonably happy with. It's good to have a deadline to work towards as it's given me a boost to actually try some writing on a regular basis.

Now that I've got the bug are there any other shows/ podcasts that are worth writing material to submit? P.S. I don't mind if it's not topical.

all the best,

Jason.

3 for me - umming and arghing about them though.

Jason try reading the Newsrevue and Treason show threads - those are topical stage shows. And also the show that you wrote is a new non topical show

Quote: Jeremy Dillon @ February 11 2013, 11:12 AM GMT

The Pope resigns a hour before the deadline for topical sketches, how inconsiderate is that?

Tell me about it. Still they can 'store' all the pope one-liners in the same folder as the horse sketches.

Sent in three sketches. Did a horsemeat one as they have to cover it somehow, but went the route of using no horse puns of any kind. Very please how that turned out actually.

Also had a Richard III thing which I liked, although might be not topical enough and a quick Pope thing that might be too topical (/not quite polished enough)

Got a few one liners to work out - whats a sensible number of horse puns there?

Three nice sketches, certainly I'd say of my best quality - though probably not the best to get on as I'm just getting back into the swing of it.

I did a Star Wars sketch, a Gove sketch and Richard the III sketch

Quote: Hennell @ February 11 2013, 12:23 PM GMT

Got a few one liners to work out - whats a sensible number of horse puns there?

I wouldn't send loads on this, or any story. Probably best to pick your best one and send it.

In fact as it's the horse story I'd ask - is there another one-liner on another story I could do as the odds will be forever in your favour.

On horse puns StephenM's a neighsayer.

Ben Partridge's tweet from earlier in the week may help you decide how much time to devote to Horse-related material...

I'm script editing @newsjackbbc next week. If you're sitting down to write a horse joke: stop, put down some sheets and cut your hands off.

Quote: radiat10n @ February 11 2013, 1:31 PM GMT

Ben Partridge's tweet from earlier in the week may help you decide how much time to devote to Horse-related material...

I'm script editing @newsjackbbc next week. If you're sitting down to write a horse joke: stop, put down some sheets and cut your hands off.

I would be more than a little surprised if there were absolutely no horse jokes in this weeks Newsjack. It is to big a story for them to touch. My guess he was basically trying to say that this is going to be overly done so don't go for the easy material.

I say that out of pure hope as I have two sketches which has a one-line reference to the horsey story.

Cheers Blahblah, I'll check those out.

I had one sketch that was a mash up of the horse meat/ Richard the III stories but, after reading the posts I'll make sure I burn all references of horse meat for the one liners I intend to submit tomorrow.

Lyndsay Fenner's blog about how they make Newsjack: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/How-we-make-BBC-Radio-4-Extras-Newsjack

Dan