Mrs. Brown's Boys - Series 3 Page 4

Quote: ROONEY @ February 2 2013, 11:45 AM GMT

This new series is fantastic. Can't wait for the film to be released.

It looks like we drink from the same cup. :D :D :D

Quote: ROONEY @ February 2 2013, 11:45 AM GMT

This new series is fantastic. Can't wait for the film to be released.

I also agree, Mrs. Brown's Boys is one of the funniest comedies out there at the moment if not the funniest. Hats off to Brendan O'Carroll and Co. for bringing us yet another fantastic series of comedy. So glad 2 more specials are on the way for Christmas 2013 and a movie! :D

I wanted to hate Mrs. Brown's Boys from a snooty "Oh how simplistic, darling!" and, "Doesn't it pander to the populist mugs who don't know any better and will accept any old shit, luvvie" comedy snob's standpoint.

Vitriol at the ready and impatient to slam its grubby, infantile and vulgar humour I tuned in to series 1 ep. 1. Immediately I found myself laughing like a drain. Sure, it was clichéd, sure, it was broad, but above all else, bloody sure it was hilarious! From then onwards I have loved it. It goes against nearly every one of my own comedy instincts and yet I love it. Why?

Well, for me anyway, it only goes to prove that the whole is more than the sum of all of the parts. It has that certain je ne sais quoi which only happens once in a blue moon, allowing it to transcend the negative comments it gets and to laugh back at the turned-up noses people point in its direction. It has a warmth and spirit that no other sitcom I have seen on TV comes close to capturing (except perhaps Minder in its heyday which may not count in this context).

Click on the link to this very interesting article Lazzard posted for more of an insight on the show's phenomenal success.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/jan/29/mrs-browns-boys-worst-comedy-ever-made-smash

Quote: Nigel Ball @ February 2 2013, 2:02 PM GMT

It looks like we drink from the same cup. :D :D :D

Just a shame tonight is the last episode of the current series. Monday nights won't be the same without the Brown famliy. :D

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 3 2013, 5:15 PM GMT

warmth and spirit

Got it in one.

Some of the regular cast are as goofy as the farm yokels in The Green Green Grass. I don't know how they possibly could carry believable emotions, warmth and spirit. Doesn't work for me. (I said me; so keep your hair on Aaron ...and ROONEY)

EDIT: Oops, I made a "Sootyj". ;)

EDIT II: "hair on" rhymes with "Aaron"...great! :)

Quote: ROONEY @ February 4 2013, 10:33 AM GMT

Just a shame tonight is the last episode of the current series. Monday nights won't be the same without the Brown famliy. :D

There is always this to keep ya going on Monday nights. Very funny bloke that Brendan O'Carroll. :D

Brendan O'Carroll books

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 4 2013, 11:37 AM GMT

EDIT II: "hair on" rhymes with "Aaron"...great! :)

Oh no it doesn't.

You don't know how I pronounce your name...I do it with a Nazi-Officer accent. :D

Which means you do it wrong. ;)

It's the last episode in the series tonight. :( I just don't want it to end, my Monday nights will just not be the same!!! I'm looking forward to the song at the end of tonight's episode. ;)

A wonderful end to another magnificent series. Goodbye Mrs Brown for now, see you again at Christmas! :-)

Quote: G180e @ February 4 2013, 5:54 PM GMT

I'm looking forward to the song at the end of tonight's episode. ;)

Oh God, I'd forgotten about that abomination. :(

Quote: Aaron @ February 4 2013, 12:05 PM GMT

Which means you do it wrong. ;)

Wrongly

Speaking of wrong, yesterday's episodes musical finale was sooooo wrong.