HIGNFY - Series 44 Page 11

Enjoyed today's episode. David Mitchell is a great host...althogh I hate his voice.

Susan Calman was as funny on this as she isn't on the News Quiz.

David Mitchell seemed almost embarrassed at times with some of the weak 'jokes' he had to read off the autocue.

Some of it was woeful.

Either get more talented writers or put this show out of its misery.

I thought David's go in the presenting seat was pretty successful.

Quote: zooo @ December 8 2012, 2:42 PM GMT

I thought David's go in the presenting seat was pretty successful.

It's bound to be better than next week, in which we get an ironic comment on middle-aged newspaper editors perving over Charlotte Church as a middle-aged magazine editor pervs over Charlotte Church.

Surprised they didn't let Richard Osman be the host. Well, I'm not really. Don't know why I said that. But I think he'd have made a better host, if not a better known one.

Is he the Pointless bloke?

Yeah. He'd probably love being described that way ;)

Quote: Tokyo Nambu @ December 8 2012, 3:52 PM GMT

It's bound to be better than next week, in which we get an ironic comment on middle-aged newspaper editors perving over Charlotte Church as a middle-aged magazine editor pervs over Charlotte Church.

She is in her mid twenties, it is quite legitimate to perv over her now.

And on past showing she is actually quite a good host.

Does anyone find the headline and then unrelated video/photo thing funny? I don't think I've ever laughed at one of those jokes. And they let that video clip of the cows drag on way too long.

I agree with lofthouse, the writing on the show is pretty dire at times.

Even the supposedly humourous introductions to the contestants at the start are AWFUL

Janet Street porter was just like "eh?"

anyway I think that Damien Lewis always does a good job presenting

This show has never been as good since the day Angus left though

Quote: Harridan @ December 8 2012, 5:33 PM GMT

Does anyone find the headline and then unrelated video/photo thing funny? I don't think I've ever laughed at one of those jokes.

No, completely unfunny. Presumably those bits are written by some of the weakest writers.

Quote: Nogget @ December 8 2012, 6:42 PM GMT

No, completely unfunny. Presumably those bits are written by some of the weakest writers.

Unless the lines are agreed by mud wrestling...

Enjoyed Richard Osman on HIGNFY.

He's very funny on Pointless but weren't sure how he would come across on HIGNFY. Glad to say he really did great.

Yes, he was refreshingly funny. I also giggled at Hislop's Gangnam Style bit!