Why is Michael McIntyre so popular? Page 12

Yeah but what about Benny Hill?

Quote: sootyj @ June 26 2012, 5:31 PM BST

Where as every time I've watched Bill Hicks, I've thought meh. About the same as I think about Micheal Macintyre.

Except Micheal Macintyre does his stuff whilst being nice and family friendly.

So for my money Micheal Macintyre is superior to Bill Hicks.

I would love to know what your friends and colleagues say about you when you leave the room and definitely out of earshot.

"When ever Sootyj tells a joke, we think meh. About the same as we think about Michael McIntyre and Bill Hicks.

Except unlike Michael McIntyre and Bill Hicks he does his stuff whilst going bald.

So for our money Michael McIntyre and Bill Hicks are superior to Sootyj."

Now I think about it my friends are judgemental assholes, why do I even consider them my friends?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 26 2012, 6:38 PM BST

As a side note I have sent my broken MM DVD back and await a replacement..

It's not broken. He's not funny. It's supposed to be like that.

I beg to differ. :)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 26 2012, 6:38 PM BST

.....to dislike a comedian is one thing if he/she's not your cup of tea, but to blithely dump a psychological profile on a whole MM audience is ludicrous.

As always in life, I shall blithely dump where I please.

At least wipe your bum afterwards though.

Quote: sootyj @ June 26 2012, 5:31 PM BST

Ben Elton, Alexei Sayle, Bob Monkhouse, Jasper Carrott, Dylan Moran, Frankie Boyle (Scottish granted) etc are all amazingly funny and will be remembered through out the ages.

I love that after a mention of worthy UK comics, you note an exception for the Scot Frankie Boyle, but not Irish Dylan Moran!

Also: I hate Coldplay.

Dylan Moran is Irish? I thought he could just do the accent really well

One of the most bizarre things about this thread generating so much traffic lately is that Michael McIntyre isn't even on telly much at present. An alien might have guessed he'd taken over BBC1. One of the other bizarre things is that some of the people who are vehemently anti-McIntyre-and-all-who-sail-in-her don't really care, but spend so much time and effort explaining why they don't care that it probably means they do care. About what, I've no idea.

Quote: Badge @ June 27 2012, 12:24 AM BST

One of the most bizarre things about this thread generating so much traffic lately is that Michael McIntyre isn't even on telly much at present.

It's only because Wimbledon has started and the "MM, Military Wives, X Factor, Euro 2012, TOWIE" cognoscenti have something else to occupy their witless being.

:|

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 27 2012, 12:30 AM BST

It's only because Wimbledon has started and the "MM, Military Wives, X Factor, Euro 2012, TOWIE" cognoscenti have something else to occupy their witless being.

:|

With respect, OR, that's bullshit. It seems to me that Mikey Mac deliberately stepped back from TV work when he was at risk (or beyond the point) of over-exposure, That must have been a couple of years ago? Don't the anti-populist comedy front have something more current to moan about?

I think I was being hyper-bollock to reinforce RC's previous musings . . .

;)

Not that he needs any help from me !

Sorry.

:)