Why is Michael McIntyre so popular? Page 19

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 14 2012, 11:04 PM BST

It would be very difficult to feel inferior to MM's comedy stylings. I made the comparison earlier and I shall do it again. Michael Barrymore was the 'people's comedian' for many years, he had fans from small children to elderly ladies and was universally loved - much more so then McIntyre.

Just like Poet Laureate, the country needs a national 'fool', at the moment it's McIntyre, tomorrow it will be someone else.

I always thought that I had never seen anyone so at ease with people and them so at ease with him.

As you say RC, 8 to 80.

Serious comment btw.

I liked watching Barrymore on TV, and he did make me laugh, but I would have been really uncomfortable talking to him. But then I am weird.

I liked Barrymore. His comedy drama Bob Martin was pretty good too. I think he was unfairly demonised for what happened at his pool, but that's for another thread.

Anyway, I have laughed at the occasional McIntyre joke, but I find him a bit boring. I know a lot of people who say they like him because "He doesn't have to swear to get laughs" - these people are usually are f**ktards.

I met Barrymore once. He was alright

On Amazon it says about his new DVD . . .

Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe.)

Lucky f**kers !

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 10 2012, 9:43 PM GMT

On Amazon it says about his new DVD . . .

Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe.)

Lucky f**kers !

Laughing out loud

God knows because I don't I really can't abide him. He simply leaves me stone cold.