The Office: An American Workplace Page 24

I saw the 'new' episodes of the Office on Comedy Central last night. It is easy to watch, I'll give it that, but is this played as a farce nowadays? There wasn't a scrap of realism in the entire episode.

I'm not sure there ever was in the US office - the first series was a carbon copy of the UK version, but as soon as the US version gets going, it slides pretty solidly into being a straight sitcom.

Having said that, why is that a bad thing? As a result, it's far funnier overall then the UK version, which has to be good?

Quote: GGdown @ July 10 2011, 3:03 PM BST

Having said that, why is that a bad thing? As a result, it's far funnier overall then the UK version, which has to be good?

Very much open to debate. It's just not very likeable is it?

Quote: Millsy @ July 11 2011, 12:11 PM BST

Very much open to debate. It's just not very likeable is it?

For the second sentance, see your first sentance! ;)

After the last one (with all the guest stars) I have no real desire to watch the rest of these. I'm sure I will but the need isn't as strong as it once was.

The Office recut as a traditional sitcom:

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2011/07/office-recut-as-traditional-sitcom.html

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ July 12 2011, 11:41 AM BST

The Office recut as a traditional sitcom:

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2011/07/office-recut-as-traditional-sitcom.html

Dan

That is awesome!

Laughing out loud

Having got past the first series I'm really enjoying this now, was it the 5th series where it goes down hill? I'm on the 4th one at the moment.

Having got past the first series I'm really enjoying this now, was it the 5th series where it goes down hill? I'm on the 4th one at the moment.

And does it lose it spectacularly, or just lose its edge slightly?

I seem to recall it really starts to drift away from trying to be "real". Although it never really stuck to that anyway. Mid way seasons are the best. But it was still good up until Michael left.

Right, I've hammered my way through all of it and have finished season 7.

I must say, I was prepared for Season 6-7 to be awful after reading comments on here but I found them to very entertaining albeit a tad unrealistic in parts, 'Threat Level Midnight' anyone? Laughing out loud

Michael is the beating heart of this show. The final episodes with him in are just heart breaking to watch. The subsequent episodes without him are utterly devoid of spirit and feel very forced.

The Office is dead long live The Office.

The problem is those episodes were they were forced as they tried to use Farrell to fill time between the end of the Scott era, and the start of the California one.

Not all that impressed with tonight's season premiere. It seemed kind of flat. Parks and Rec was better.

It wasn't a terribly great start off.

Loved watching this, but with no Michael Scott now it's not going to be the same. Pity.