The Office: An American Workplace

Anybody watch this? If you don't, I 100% recommend it. I am a massive Gervais/Merchant fan, and love the English version....but even I say that the American version is slightly better. You have to watch it as an entirely different sitcom though, as the humour is different, and don't compare it to the english version, or you probably won't like it.

Thoughts?

I caught a few of these... and I thought they were very good.

Yes, the first series wasn't that good, but it's really come into it's on now, I've only seen a few episodes but when I watch them, they are generally very good.

Steve Carell is a good comedy actor and very likable.

This has really grown into a great series in its own right.

I agree with Matthew and although i love the British version i really like the US version much more. The 1st series was very much a replica of the British one, but series 2 is where it all starts to grow.

Steve Carell is brilliant, ever since i recognised him in Anchorman.

Haven't seen enough of these but from what I've seen it's brilliant, very very funny.

Shame they couldn't have come up with it themselves without Ricky's help. ;)

(I like both the UK and US version.)

Quote: zooo @ July 9, 2007, 6:32 PM

Shame they couldn't have come up with it themselves without Ricky's help. ;)

(I like both the UK and US version.)

Shame Ricky couldn't come up with it himself with out Chris Morris and Armando Iannucci's help. :P

But yeah, the US Office has really come into it's own it's very different from the the British Office and it's all the better for it.

I like it too, although for me the UK Office is a masterpiece.

I quite like it. Watched several.
No where near as good as the UK Office.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ July 9, 2007, 6:54 PM

I like it too, although for me the UK Office is a masterpiece.

I agree. I don't give a toss if he copied those others - his stuff is funny ans clever without being too pretentiously smart arse.

Haven't watched the US version because really Americans can't do comedy.

Quote: David Chapman @ July 9, 2007, 10:42 PM

Open-minded....

He's a stubborn old man, Jeremy. We humour him. ;)

I've watched a couple of episodes, and the SNL with the Gareth character (I fancy the pants off Amy Poehler btw), and thought it was good. Only problem I have is that the Tim and Dawn characters are exactly as each other in the American Version. There is no difference between them. They even have the same looks but the other actors are brilliant

Quote: David Chapman @ July 9, 2007, 10:42 PM

I agree. I don't give a toss if he copied those others - his stuff is funny ans clever without being too pretentiously smart arse.

Is that last bit a joke?