The Office: An American Workplace Page 28

This is coming to an end in a couple of weeks. There's only 5 episodes left.

I think this has been one of it's strongest series since series 5. It began a little drama filled with the Pam and Jim situation, but it has changed a ton in the last couple of episodes.

I just watched what was supposed to be Dwight's spin off pilot. Not a very strong pilot though but I still would've like to have watched a whole series. Even though The Office was never the same after Steve left, I still enjoyed it and will be sad to see it go.

Very sad to see it go!

The show's ended.

The special was alright. It was basically a documentary with interviews with the main characters.

The finale was a little underwhelming. It was tapped 6 months after they had tapped all of the other previous episodes of the season. They wrote as it had taken place a year after the previous episode. They made a quick rerun of where everyone was and I won't go into detail on the rest as I don't want to spoil the previous episodes or this one to you guys. I still thought it was an underwhelming finale, but it still sucks seeing it go. It will truly be missed as it was one of my favourite shows of all time.

I fell asleep half way through the season finale.

At 11am.

Been rewatching season 2 of this over the last couple of days. Just hilarious.

I think I got up to watching season 5 a few years back, but my interest gradually fizzled out.

I love it myself, prefer it over the UK original. It strikes me what they did right with it was not falling into the trap that most other adaptations take: trying to copy verbatim. They took the essential pieces that made the UK one a hit and completely recreated it so that it became an original. The fact that most of the cast are also exec. producers and writers makes a huge difference too. Mind you, I have to say I think Steve Carrell is light years ahead of Gervais and certainly more talented. It lasted as long as it needed to and I'm glad they put it to bed right.

I loved this although didn't laugh out loud that much really. Found the Michael Scott character a bit tired at times and don't agree it was all bad after he left. In fact, James Spader was brilliant, if only he could have been in it far more.

The last seasons are worse, but the end of this show was really sad. For me is one of the best comedy serie that I've ever seen.

I've got the last few to watch on Netflix.
May just get on & finish it rather than save any for later.

Ok I'm on the finale
& I don't mind telling you I'm filling up

Watched the last episode today; one of the very, very bestest sitcoms ever. So many great characters.

As is my wont, I harshly criticised a show without giving it a proper chance. I actually got into this show through watching the blooper vidoes on YouTube. Saw the first five series were going cheap on Amazon so took a punt and I'm glad I did; it's a very good show.

Not totally sold on everything - the implication that Michael is semi-retarded (held back at school etc) is a bit much, but it's well written and performed, and crucially very funny at times.

I've got up to series seven, and I'm told that the last two series were pretty weak - especially series eight - which is a shame.

I take back my earlier criticism. Maybe next time I slate a show I'll actually watch more than five minutes of it before making any judgement...

Finally started watching season 5 recently and really enjoying it.

When does the rot set in?

I'd say season 6 & 7 are a little off, 8 is outright bad and 9 redeems things a little.