The Office: An American Workplace Page 22

It seems so.

Micheal's movie was genius!

Nearly caught up :) :(

<Lalala! Fingers in ears not listening as he's only on season 5>

I just watched the episode with this scene and had to keep watching it again and again as it's *soooooooooooooooooo* good!

Dan

I always liked this quicky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDA5wMxt36Y

I've been watching The Office constantly recently. Newer stuff is probably a little bit weaker, but still manages to stand up to repeated viewings.

If Warren Buffett ran Dunder-Mifflin, you'd want to buy stock in the mythical paper company.

Too bad the Oracle of Omaha is merely pretending to want to run the Scranton, Pa., branch, for the upcoming season finale of "The Office." The legendary Berkshire Hathaway investor will appear as an unnamed applicant for Michael Scott's job, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The job opening has cropped up because Steve Carell, who plays Scott, is leaving the show.

The casting news means that Will Ferrell must not be long for the job. Ferrell, in a cameo arc, took the reins but ticked off employees. The seventh-season finale has a host of stars lined up to appear, including Ricky Gervais, Will Arnett, Catherine Tate, Jim Carrey, Ray Romano and James Spader.

Any of those actors can make you laugh, but only Buffett could guide Dunder-Mifflin to the top of the Fortune 500.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/entertainment/celebrity/Omahas-Oracle-to-Appear-on-The-Office-121574324.html?dr

I love the American Office.

It's a completely different beast than the English version but I think they can both stand apart as two very funny shows.

Dwight and Michael are two of the funniest TV characters ever. The only gripe I have is the over use of the "Martin Freeman look" to the camera, mainly used by Jim and Pam.

It's getting pretty lame.

The last five or six episodes of the latest season seemed to put the show in wind-down mode. I was perplexed when it carried on after Scott left, then I found out it's been renewed for an eight.

Cue: slow painful death of a sitcom.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 14 2011, 8:31 PM BST

It's getting pretty lame.

The last five or six episodes of the latest season seemed to put the show in wind-down mode. I was perplexed when it carried on after Scott left, then I found out it's been renewed for an eight.

Cue: slow painful death of a sitcom.

I've only seen up to season 2 but your opinion seems to be shared by quite a lot of people.

Gervais has openly said it jumped the shark ages ago but that it was a cash cow so he's carrying it on.

They want to make as many as they can to keep reaping the rewards of syndication.

Sad end.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 14 2011, 8:49 PM BST

I've only seen up to season 2 but your opinion seems to be shared by quite a lot of people.

You've still got a few really great seasons to go then before it starts to weaken.

The idea that they're going to carry on without Carell is just incredible to me. I mean, I know WHY, the show draws an audience and so the channel want to keep it, but as a fan, it's just odd.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 14 2011, 8:10 PM BST

The only gripe I have is the over use of the "Martin Freeman look" to the camera, mainly used by Jim and Pam.

They stopped taking the whole fly-on-the-wall concept seriously years ago.

In a recent episode, Scott is supposed to be meeting somebody he's never met before in a bar. He winds up talking to a guy who's also waiting for somebody, but neither of the people they're waiting for shows up.

It turns out - LOLOLOLOL - that they're supposed to be meeting each other.

I imagine the presence of a documentary camera crew may have tipped off the other guy, but I can't be certain.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 14 2011, 8:49 PM BST

Gervais has openly said it jumped the shark ages ago but that it was a cash cow so he's carrying it on.

I doubt Gervais has any say in the matter. He gets paid, yes, but there's no way in hell the network would give him that kind of creative control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQOk9zN2uE0&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a320480/catherine-tate-favourite-for-office-role.html

:( I'm barely hanging in there now Michael has left. Tate would be the final nail in the coffin. Can't stand her face.

I find her annoying too