The Office: An American Workplace Page 27

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ October 20 2012, 11:13 AM BST

Guys, what is your favourite all time episode? Mine I would have to say is ' Dinner Party'

"Stress Relief" from season five.

The cold open with the fire drill is hysterical! Then the follow up with the CPR training is fantastic. Everything comes together perfectly.

Season 9 has been really strong so far, I'm surprised by how much I want Andy to die on that boat and never come back though. Even Catherine Tate was decent in the last couple of episodes.

Quote: Vince Ives @ November 21 2012, 1:17 PM GMT

Season 9 has been really strong so far, I'm surprised by how much I want Andy to die on that boat and never come back though. Even Catherine Tate was decent in the last couple of episodes.

I have to agree with the strength of the series. I really enjoyed the capella group episode, particularly this exchange :)

Andy: You didn't come here to sit in a room, right? You came here for some intergenerational bro time. Well, now's your chance! I'm here. You got Qs; I got As.

HCT Member #1: Did you say you've got AIDS?

Andy: No, I don't have AIDS. That's not what I said. Next question.

[awkward silence]

Andy: You don't have any-- Any questions about the old days? [clears throat] You at least want to know why they call me Boner Champ?

HCT Member #2: I thought Broccoli Rob was the Boner Champ.

Andy: I'm sorry, what?

HCT Member #2: I just thought Broccoli Rob was the Boner Champ.

Andy: Broccoli Rob was Broccoli Rob. Andy Bernard is the Boner Champ.

Just watched the Christmas special from season 7 for the first time; I think Dwight's campaign of snowball terror against Jim is one of my favourite things this show has done.

The Office has been really strong this series which is the last one. Despite the lack of their being a regional manager at all.

Andy's never around since leaving on a boat trip to Bahamas I think it was, however Dwight has really come full force this season.

This might be Dwight's strongest series as a character since the early series. He's easily been the highlight for me.

I'm not sure how up-to-date you guys are, but this last series has been really strong and personally to me has been the best since series 5.

Recently watched the episode where Pam and Jim get married, which was great right up until the point they decided they'd have all the cast dancing down the aisle. There is a special place in hell for all films and TV shows that decide it will be "hilarious" to have characters dancing.

Except David Brent's Comic Relief Day dance, that was funny.

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2013, 11:08 AM GMT

Recently watched the episode where Pam and Jim get married, which was great right up until the point they decided they'd have all the cast dancing down the aisle. There is a special place in hell for all films and TV shows that decide it will be "hilarious" to have characters dancing.

Strange that that's what made it hilarious for the American fans. They were raving for about it for this part mostly.

Also I that was a strong episode in my opinion.

That was a good 2 or 3 series ago, the show got a little worse after that series for the next couple of series with rare moments of brilliance and hilariousness.

This series is when then show began to go back up again mainly due to Dwight like I said before. Dwight totally kills it this last series.

For fifteen years they called me freak and four eyes and sci-fi nerd and girl puncher all because I had lice when I was seven.

I can live very happily in a magnetic field. Most of my childhood heroes got their powers that way.

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2013, 11:08 AM GMT

Except David Brent's Comic Relief Day dance, that was funny.

But it was justified, Michael Scott would have copied that YouTube video.

The last season seems to have invented and broken the '5th wall'

Quote: jhmagic1 @ February 2 2013, 5:31 PM GMT

The last season seems to have invented and broken the '5th wall'

Just this last couple of episodes the show really went to shit. This forced love triangle thing they're shoe-horning in at the Nth hour reeks of desperation.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 2 2013, 6:26 PM GMT

Just the this last couple of episodes the show really went to shit. This forced love triangle thing they're shoe-horning in at the Nth hour reeks of desperation.

Agreed. It's been a wonderful season, but they obviously shot themselves in the foot by making such a memorable goodbye episode for Steve Carell.

It's like the end of Seinfeld, I can't see everyone being happy with how it's all going to end.

Love the Uk one but yet again the yanks keep ruining good british sitcoms like on the buses ofah inbetweeners this one man about the house etc .

Your argument falls down when you mention On The Buses.

just because I love Onthebuses doesn't mean its banned from the uk TV list if you don't like well tough titties lol :)