Newsjack - Series 6 Page 57

I did 2 if only because I read the Sunday Times and they lept into my brain fully formed.

Basher Al Assad getting media advice from Syria WAGS is to funny.

Just realised I forgot to writer one on parents discouraging bnest friends....

Quote: KLRiley @ March 19 2012, 12:27 PM GMT

My break in wasn't terribly imaginative but it was a short piece of a copper holding a press conference explaining that they hadn't managed to find a way to make 'gate' work in a name for the break in despite having a crack team on it.

I like the sound of that!

I went with Ed and an investigator at the scene of the crime trying to deduce who might want to break into the Labour leader's office, sit at his desk and generally play at being the leader of the Labour party...

Thank you. If I've got time later I might expand it a bit and have a crack at NR with it.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ March 19 2012, 12:31 PM GMT

Nuts! I have 30 hours to write a 30 page sitcom - bye bye sleep!

In case that's not just a joke: don't do it. It won't be your best work (If it is you have more problems) and they'res a lot of advice from both the judges and the writers room saying 'make sure it's polished'.

-

My sketch submissions this week were:

- Archbishop
- Privatised roads
- Runner on a 'dna testing on dog poo' thing
(Last one might be a little obscure, but I'd missed this infamous owl in a drain pipe that made up 83% of last weeks show so planting my bets on the dog mess).

I think for practice sake it's worth a go - and if it's rubbish I'll just treat it as a writing exercise. If it ends up being good (I do have a couple of cracking ideas I'm working on) then I'll drop it in - at the moment it's looking like mission impossible (but I'm having fun writing it just the same).

Hardly novel but mine were:
Privatised Roads
Archbishop / Divions in the church
The Budget

The other one one the list was break in at Ed's office but couldn't get a decent angle on it. Love finding a suitable 'gate' to describe it - great idea!

three for me; archbishop, budget & Duchess. The other one I decided wasn't good enough was a top gear special on the latest threat of strikes

My solitary sketch was a police fitness/archive one.

I had a mad rush of the fever last night and wrote two sketches, late in the series but wanted to have a go all the same.
Been at work today so no one liners done but there's time yet...maybe.

My unsent Sketch was about Ken Barlow and his 1000 lovers.

Ok so I did three sketches about;

1. Crimewatch UK featuring a reconstruction of the break in at the houses of parliament and finding nothing to steal in the labour policy filing cabinet.
2. An interview between Justin and Lord Coe about why all the names on the list to carry the Olympic torch were mates of his.
3. A Channel 4 Embarrassing Bodies take on a morbidly obese police woman.

But for the first time I didn't get an auto-respond message so wonder if the email didn't get through. Did everyone else get auto-responds from the Newsjack emailer?

Quote: LippyAlison @ March 19 2012, 8:18 PM GMT

Ok so I did three sketches about;

1. Crimewatch UK featuring a reconstruction of the break in at the houses of parliament and finding nothing to steal in the labour policy filing cabinet.
2. An interview between Justin and Lord Coe about why all the names on the list to carry the Olympic torch were mates of his.
3. A Channel 4 Embarrassing Bodies take on a morbidly obese police woman.

But for the first time I didn't get an auto-respond message so wonder if the email didn't get through. Did everyone else get auto-responds from the Newsjack emailer?

You've been Blenked. Not personal. The robot just has email addresses it takes against for no apparent reason.

A few oneliners/ apps sent off.

Me too - not especially happy with any of them this week though. Oh well.

I've just submitted ten one-liners.