Newsjack - Series 6 Page 56

Wrote a great sketch, has Newsjack written all over it. I printed it off and then wrote Newsjack all over it *Ahem*

I have had a very busy month at work and at home so I have not submited one word this series. I have however one sketch done for this week. Just need to work on the intro.

I've got so many ideas for a particular sketch, but they're not appearing on the page. Total writer's block.

Thing is, I won't be the only one with this idea. someone else will do it and so much better than I could. So it's no loss, I guess. I'll just submit One-Liners as I have this series.

I think I've been fairly shrewd this week. I've sent off 3 sketches that all require Lewis to do a Speak 'n' Spell impression...

Now that Laugh Track si over and done with as far as I'm concerned, I've sent off two sketches today, about privatised roads and the horse racing TV coverage.

Two sketches from me, tried writing a third but it just wasn't funny enough. Really happy with one of them but don't have the confidence I'll get anything on tbh

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 19 2012, 9:49 AM GMT

I've sent off 3 sketches that all require Lewis to do a Speak 'n' Spell impression...

Definitely the way to go.

Been tough this week. I've managed to crank one out over Kate Humble. That's it.

For the first time ever (and almost certianly for the last time this series) I've sent three sketches in. Pleased with myself regardless of their quality. Laughing out loud

Delulled. Sent three sketches. Break in at Ed's office, budget and Rowan Williams.
Thought about horseracing and a possible Rebekah Brooks angle but decided other people will have flogged that horse. Still got lots to put into jack apps after I've tidying and dispatched Laugh Track entry.

Quote: Big Jack @ March 19 2012, 11:57 AM GMT

I've managed to crank one out over Kate Humble. That's it.

I used to do that when she wore the wetsuit on Rough Science...

Quote: KLRiley @ March 19 2012, 12:05 PM GMT

Laugh Track entry.

Sorry to be stupid, but what?

Quote: KLRiley @ March 19 2012, 12:05 PM GMT

Sent three sketches. Break in at Ed's office, budget and Rowan Williams.

I did the break in, I'd be interested to know what your take on it was, just wondering if I went for the same angle as anyone else... :) (Probably.)

Rowan Williams was on my shortlist (had him going for a job interview), but in the end I went with the break in at Ed's office, overweight policemen, and I thought I'd try another NJ Shop about the budget...

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ March 19 2012, 12:19 PM GMT

Sorry to be stupid, but what?

The BBC open door write a sitcom opportunity. Closes 12pm wednesday. There's a thread with a link to it round here.

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 19 2012, 12:21 PM GMT

I did the break in, I'd be interested to know what your take on it was, just wondering if I went for the same angle as anyone else... :) (Probably.)

Rowan Williams was on my shortlist (had him going for a job interview), but in the end I went with the break in at Ed's office, overweight policemen, and I thought I'd try another NJ Shop about the budget...

My break in wasn't terribly imaginative but it was a short piece of a copper holding a press conference explaining that they hadn't managed to find a way to make 'gate' work in a name for the break in despite having a crack team on it.

Quote: KLRiley @ March 19 2012, 12:27 PM GMT

The BBC open door write a sitcom opportunity. Closes 12pm wednesday. There's a thread with a link to it round here.

Nuts! I have 30 hours to write a 30 page sitcom - bye bye sleep!

I've submitted three sketches.

I'm reasonably happy with what I've written, although a part of me thinks I could have done a bit better.

Quote: KLRiley @ March 19 2012, 12:27 PM GMT

My break in wasn't terribly imaginative but it was a short piece of a copper holding a press conference explaining that they hadn't managed to find a way to make 'gate' work in a name for the break in despite having a crack team on it.

I also did an Ed Miliband break-in press conference sketch.