Newsjack - Series 6 Page 54

Well done everyone who made the list!

Nothing for me, but as it was only my second attempt, I can't complain. :)

For the first time, I've posted my rejects in the Critique thread. I must be feeling brave... *hides*

Quote: lippy @ March 14 2012, 11:18 PM GMT

I just wanted it say hi to all the lovely people I met tonight at the after show drinks where many of us drowned our sorrows for not making the script tonight. Amazing how few of you look like your photos :)

Alison x

Yes, it was great fun at pub last night. My "just one" turned into four. Nice bunch of people. Hope to see you again. And now, the weekend's "gag" writing begins...
Trevor

Yes well done to everyone who got on and also to those who were recorded but cut (still a big achievement).

Few beers for me tonight, then I'll start a fresh tomorrow.

My efforts this week are in Critique if anyone's kind enough to comment. Think I'm close so a little insight/feedback/advice might make all the difference. Thanks.

Phew, made it in. Congrats to the others this week, and again to all those who were successful earlier in series. There's a few of us in for the first time this week, so shows the importance of keeping going.

Shame about my timing in getting something the day after the writers' meeting...

It's good to finally break my series 6 duck today! Mine was the Harold Camping advent calendar bit. Anyone else willing to share their successes?

Mine was the first intro gag about strained budget relationship. Nice to be first up, although of course then I started thinking "there's still the whole show to go - maybe I'll get two things in...or maybe even three".

Any other fans of black and white sci fi notice the "Day The Earth Stood Still" reference? Good skills!

Quote: The Producer @ March 16 2012, 9:59 AM GMT

Any other fans of black and white sci fi notice the "Day The Earth Stood Still" reference? Good skills!

Haha, Oh yes!

Sorry I haven't contributed the last 2 weeks.

As it is I think Newsjack is starting to kick NewsQuiz's ass.

I think there maybe an interesting question about the BBC buying more jokes on a per joke basis? I mean lots of people have one great joke in a week.

Cracking edition of newsjack. At least the first 25 minutes were. The idiot who put the programme on iPlayer hasn't managed to put the whole rogramme up.

Rogramme?

Isn't that whats watched by

SCOOBY DOO!!!!!

Arf arf

Roiks!

Quote: KLRiley @ March 16 2012, 10:37 AM GMT

Cracking edition of newsjack. At least the first 25 minutes were. The idiot who put the programme on iPlayer hasn't managed to put the whole rogramme up.

The podcast is up already so you can download that. Shraggy.

So, just me doing irony then?

Quote: sootyj @ March 16 2012, 10:25 AM GMT

As it is I think Newsjack is starting to kick NewsQuiz's ass.

They ought to, at the very least, move NJ over to Radio4 and give it the old Weekending slot.

Even better would be to take The Now Show to one side and give it a mercy killing and replace it with NJ. I'm sure Punt and Dennis would be able to find work elsewhere. Or one of them could host the Radio4 version of NJ.

But on the other hand, what if everybody forgot to send in submissions one week? There'd be no show!!! A mistake like that wouldn't be noticed on 4extra, but would be a bit embarrassing on the main station.