Newsjack - Series 6 Page 12

Lots of members online - are we all waiting to see if someone has been to see show with a notepad? I am!

Death by monkey - there'll be a critique thread to post these to. Always best to wait til after he show has aired, no matter how much you don't fancy your chances.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ February 22 2012, 10:34 PM GMT

Last series Newsjack stated that Andrew Lansley was planning reforms to the NHS, we'd like to apologise for suggesting that Andrew Lansley actually has a plan.

Ha. Very good.

Cheers Gary, lets hope NJ thought so!

Big Jack, you're probably right, the suspense is just killing me, I don't legitimate reason to be so nervous though.

Quote: Feeoree @ February 22 2012, 7:37 PM GMT

There have however been cases where people have got Sketches and One Liners/Jack Apps on the same ep. Either Mr Wolf or Mr Sweryt I think (or both!).

I can lay claim to that title as well, way back in series 3.

Remember series 3? Look at him, he's too young to remember but yes, once there was a series 3 of Newsjack. Oh it wasn't easy we had to make fun of a Labour government then...

StephenM there, showing us how a true pro operates. He gets up at 3am to start hitting the F5 button on Thursdays.

So no one went lsst night?

PS I'm going on 7 Mar and 28 Mar if anyone fancies a drink before or after - PM me.

Quote: Big Jack @ February 23 2012, 9:44 AM GMT

So no one went lsst night?

There were a couple of people on Twitter that tweeted about going or coming back from the show (and really enjoying it), if you really can't wait. :)

Sigh - also here to see if anyone's got a recording report... But I'll add some useful advice for the word users struggling with the .docx thing:

If you're using Word 2007, or 2010 it will save as .docx by default. You can either do 'save as' every time and change the file option to '.doc' or to save time and so you don't forget you can set it so it always saves as.doc:

1. Go into 'word options' (Click main word 'orb menu' - Options is right at the bottom).
2. Click the save option from items on the left.
3. Choose 'Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)' from the 'Save files in this format' drop box.
4. Click ok - All documents will now default save as .doc!

Note - I don't recommend doing this if you use word for other (more advanced) things - not all features of .docx are in .doc so it can break things if you're adding tables & pictures etc. A basic script layout is fine though.

(Having said all this I sent .docx's for the first time ever this week as I was using docs to go on my android phone on the train - nothing's going to stop me Newsjacking!)

Garry - having written loads of dogs it's all about when can I release the hounds...

I had a clumsy Natalie Cassidy gag which is my best one. That's as in a clumsy gag about Natalie Cassidy rather than a gag about clumsy Natalie Cassidy, although now she's back with her ex I suspect she will be looking like she is clumsy, what with walking into all those doors.

I had two sketches in one episode in the last series: an overdramatic Andrew Lansley skit and the 'And Finally...' sketch at the end of the show.

Dan

I also had a sketch and a one-liner in the same episode...but haven't had anything in since!

I was supposed to go to last nights recording but couldn't so offered my tickets on Twitter. I asked the guy who took them if he remembered anything and he said the following-

"There was a Masterchef interview sketch and an Abu Qatada diary bit that went down well. There was a 'Jeff Hitler' sketch, a Dragon's Den sketch, a water-saving infomercial, an old fashioned boxing sketch, a bit about a teenager controlling the sound effects, an interview with fashion designers, a report about an unreached tribe and Ryan Giggs, and a Muppets sketch ..."

So alas my Dancing Under Ice (the man trapped in the snow covered car), my England/ Scotland family break up drama, and my story of the real reason Uggie's been banned from the Oscars (contraversial comments at Canne) will never see the light of day. Here's hoping for a JackApp or correction!

Cheers amarsandhu. Fingers crossed for my quickies by the looks of it.

Damn - it appears as if none of my sketches made it.