Newsjack - Series 6 Page 9

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 20 2012, 4:41 PM GMT

I've just thought of a perfect alternative intro to one of my sketches - but it's too late to change it now.

Bugger.

Some people put intros into their one-liners. Why not do that?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 20 2012, 4:43 PM GMT

Some people put intros into their one-liners. Why not do that?

Dan

Good idea - cheers.

Quote: Badge @ February 20 2012, 2:56 PM GMT

The recording's on Wednesday...

They're busy putting a show together. I gather they contact near-misses after the show has been put to bed.

Damn it, I must have thought it was Tuesday!

Here's the webchat URL. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/features/newsjack/

I've just submitted my one-liners for episode one.

Now the tense wait until Thursday afternoon begins...

Quote: StephenM @ February 20 2012, 4:00 PM GMT

it's just one scroll down on the 'Save as' menu to save it as a .doc file.

Yep. And if you don't see it say " .doc" it'll say "Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 Document". Simple simple.

Quote: radiat10n @ February 20 2012, 3:44 PM GMT

Remind me to get that clarified during the webchat on Friday...

That would be good. Must be loads of us who send in docx's. I didn't notice anything about it in the writers' guidelines so surely can't be a dealbreaker.

Despite having a new baby in the house, managed to send off two sketches, both of which could have done with a little longer baking but what can you do (get up earlier):
* Dereck Chisora invades Iran.
* Tesco work experience kid becomes chief exec.

Angry F**k F**k F**kety F**k. Damn office 2010. I never even thought of checking to see what type of file it was as I stupidly assumed my new (1st ever bought and paid for legal expensive) copy of Windows would save things in the same way my old one did. For the first time I thought I might have a chance.

Bo**ocks!

I am going to go soak my head in a bucket of water before findng Derek Chisora and telling him he's a pussy.

I suppose it was too early for that Whitney Houston sketch anyway.

Good Luck to the rest of you.

Davey

They'll still read Docx files I guess, just easier for them to edit in .doc with their version.

Not even submitting this week. Abysmal shite from me :O

Got a sketch/film or TV trailer idea for next week though. It might work very nicely!

I changed mine to doc. but think last series I used docx. Working on apps and corrections now - pleased with couple now to work on rest!

Quote: Feeoree @ February 20 2012, 10:09 PM GMT

Not even submitting this week. Abysmal shite from me :O

But there's still a 5pm Tues deadline for quickies!

Quote: Feeoree @ February 20 2012, 10:09 PM GMT

Got a sketch/film or TV trailer idea for next week though. It might work very nicely!

Okay, so you know next week's news already! But won't this be better as a topical idea?

One-liners/corrections submitted, as I won't have the time to work on them any further tonight or tomorrow. I'm especially pleased with 2 of the corrections.

For those that were asking about .docx, you've got your answer.

@Javalava29 - "Not wishing to be a pedant but is .docx viable? I converted one earlier, which may explain the changes of tense in my sketch."

@NewsjackBBC - "We really prefer not. Some of us can open them, others not. Sticking to the guidelines just means less faff all round."

https://twitter.com/#!/NewsjackBBC/status/171688805701652480

Sent off 1 sketch already. Going to send off some one liners in a bit. I'm terrible at making one liners in general let alone trying to make them topical, this will be fun :)