Newsjack - Series 6 Page 10

Quote: Neithy @ February 21 2012, 2:51 AM GMT

Sent off 1 sketch already. Going to send off some one liners in a bit. I'm terrible at making one liners in general let alone trying to make them topical, this will be fun :)

This was my first time doing this, and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to submitting something every week of the current run.

That's the main thing, Garry - enjoy it!

Quote: Feeoree @ February 20 2012, 8:50 PM GMT

They'll still read Docx files I guess, just easier for them to edit in .doc with their version.

Yes, I asked Dan Tetsell about this on their blog last year and they are fine with reading docx.

I've got loads of editorial work on at the mo, so probably won't be able to think about submitting anything until week 3.

Which begs the question, what am I doing on here? Better get on with it...

Quote: RJ @ February 21 2012, 9:03 AM GMT

That's the main thing, Garry - enjoy it!

Here, here.

I think I still enjoy what Newsjack puts me through.

Question answered on whether One Liners/Corrections should be sent as one single attachment or two.

@NewsjackBBC "No, a single document is absolutely fine. (But if you've split them out, don't worry - that's not so much of a time-drain.)"

Right one liners away and for the first time ever, a corrections submission.

Bit perturbed by the lack of auto reply but they've assured me it's fine (by Twitter, not by auto reply)

I see Baby P is back in the news. Pretty cool -- I get to try my one-liners from series two again.

I used the 'employ lots of white space' technique in my one-liners document for this week, but at least I got a few off...not bad given I didn't even start until half 1! As with my sketches this week my main aim was to prove to myself that I CAN get material submitted even in weeks where a reasonable person might forgive me giving it a miss!

Even submitted them as a .doc rather than a .docx file - prior to this week I didn't actually realise there was a difference (Ah, good ol' BCG...saviour of technical illiterates everywhere!).

Is anyone going to the recording on Wednesday night?

Anyone want to share their best one-liners/corrections?

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ February 21 2012, 7:55 PM GMT

Anyone want to share their best one-liners/corrections?

After the show, Monkey!

OK, we'll I'll share my best tomorrow evening when I know the show has finished recording *suspiciously eyes everyone*

It's fun that between hearing the actual broadcast and the rejects here, it will be like listening to 2 episodes of the show.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ February 21 2012, 8:03 PM GMT

OK, we'll I'll share my best tomorrow evening when I know the show has finished recording *suspiciously eyes everyone*

Stick them in Critique if they don't make it...

Don't know if you're following the Newsjack twitter feed but recommended it as several of the questions on here are answered by them directly.

And definitely more of a bitchy feel to their replies when they write 'Please read the guidelines' and 'No more Jordan/Jordan' jokes for the umpteenth time.

Series 6. The one where we finally broke the NJ producers.