Newsjack - Series 6 Page 6

Okay, so I did manage to write six sketches this weekend, as planned. Hardest bit was the last half-hour trying to decide which to send as my third sketch.

Let's see how long I keep that up for!

Dan

Only six? Lightweight! ;)

Hey, where's Blenkinsop? I've just got the auto-reply!

Just sent two. Difficulty was resisting carving it up and putting the gags in as one liners instead.

Hey ho, not holding out much hope...

3 sent for me - the old auto reply brings back some memories

Quote: Badge @ February 19 2012, 10:42 PM GMT

Hey, where's Blenkinsop? I've just got the auto-reply!

Well, I didn't, but let's not go down that path again...

Dan

Three sketches sent this week, the start of my quest to get at least one thing on this series. I'm not feeling the funny (that's not a euphemism) but I reckon they're better than any sketch I wrote last series.

In it to win it.

Three sketches sent.

2 sketches away, not much cop but what the hell

Good luck everyone.

Annoying how you always come up with that elsuive punchline after you have sent them off...

3 sent in.

One of them is 'all killer no filler' and I will start wetting the bed again if it doesn't make the cut.

One of them is brilliant but possibly not 100% right for the show.

The other was bashed out this morning just to bulk things out.

(Jinkie said some of his stuff is good!!! He's completely destroying the "very 'umble" vibe of this thread. What an insane maverick he is!!)

Three sketches sent.

I've gone with a Harry Redknapp, a Falklands/Penn and a David Haye sketch that cleverly stupidly interestingly includes Redknapp and Penn references. Good luck everyone.

And one day I will remember that it's 12pm on Monday and 5pm on Tuesday, rather than 5pm on Monday...

Hey KLRiley is it true your bowels are regular as clockwork?

Quote: KLRiley @ February 20 2012, 11:58 AM GMT

And one day I will remember that it's 12pm on Monday and 5pm on Tuesday, rather than 5pm on Monday...

Might I suggest putting a reminder in your phones diary?

Ooooh I have listened to Newsjack since the beginning but never really thought about writing anything to send in. I think I am familiar with the tone of the show, but I have a question about the technical side of sending stuff in.

I only have OpenOffice Writer, which is the freeware version of MSWord. I know there is sometimes a problem opening Writer documents in MSWord, and I'd hate for my submission to be ignored because the formatting had gone all squiffy. Does anyone know how I should save my work in Writer to make sure it definitely opens properly in Word?