Dangerous fake email scams Page 7

Quote: AJGO @ April 25 2012, 12:08 AM BST

Thanks DaButt, bloody starving now

Same here but I'm busy brewing and there's nothing I can fix quickly. To top it off, my neighbor just invited me to dinner. Is it worth potentially burning my house down?

Yeah, f**k it, they'll feed you and let you kip there while you rebuild your house. You can replace items but you never know where your next meal is coming from

FAKE:

DHL Express Tracking Prealert : Thu, 5 Jul 2012 13:57:43 +0530

Custom Reference: 018045-JCTN46OH3D85
Tracking Number: JTHXF-1504279495
Pickup Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 13:57:43 +0530
Service: GROUND / AIR
Pieces: 2

Thu, 5 Jul 2012 13:57:43 +0530 - Processing complete successfully
PLEASE REFER TO ATTACHED FILE

Shipment status may also be obtained from our Internet site in USA under http://track.dhl-usa.com or Globally under http://www.dhl.com/track

Please do not reply to this email. This is an automated application used only for sending proactive notifications

Thanks in advance,
DHL Express @ 2012

FBI ? FAKE! So dumb it's faintly amusing.

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 Website: www.fbi.gov

Attention, this is the final warning you are going to receive from me do you get me?

I hope youre understand how many times this message has been sent to you?.

We have warned you so many times and you have decided to ignore our e-mails or because you believe we have not been instructed to get you arrested, and today if you
fail to respond back to us with the payment then, we would first send a letter to the mayor of the city where you reside and direct them to close your bank account
until you have been jailed and all your properties will be confiscated by the fbi. We would also send a letter to the company/agency that you are working for so that
they could get you fired until we are through with our investigations because a suspect is not suppose to be working for the government or any private organization.

Your id which we have in our database been sent to all the crimes agencies in America for them to inset you in their website as an internet fraudsters and to warn
people from having any deals with you. This would have been solved all this while if you had got the certificate signed, endorsed and stamped as you where
instructed in the e-mail below.this is the federal bureau of investigation (fbi) am writing in response to the e-mail you sent to us and am using this medium to
inform you that there is no more time left to waste because you have been given from the 3rd of January. As stated earlier to have the document endorsed, signed and stamped without failure and you must adhere to this directives to avoid you blaming yourself at last when we must have arrested and jailed you for life and all your
properties confiscated.

You failed to comply with our directives and that was the reason why we didn't hear from you on the 3rd as our director has already been notified about you get the
process completed yesterday and right now the warrant of arrest has been signed against you and it will be carried out in the next 48hours as strictly signed by the
fbi director. We have investigated and found out that you didn't have any idea when the fraudulent deal was committed with your information's/identity and right now if

you id is placed on our website as a wanted person, I believe you know that it will be a shame to you and your entire family because after then it will be announce in
all the local channels that you are wanted by the fbi. As a good Christian and a honest man, I decided to see how I could be of help to you because I would not be happy to see you end up in jail and all your properties confiscated all because your information's was used to carry out a fraudulent transactions, I called the efcc and they directed me to a private attorney who could help you get the process done and he stated that he will endorse, sign and stamp the document at the sum of $98.00 usd only and I believe this process is cheaper for you.

You need to do everything possible within today and tomorrow to get this process done because our director has called to inform me that the warrant of arrest has been
signed against you and once it has been approved, then the arrest will be carried out, and from our investigations we learnt that you were the person that forwarded
your identity to one impostor/fraudsters in Nigeria when he had a deal with you about the transfer of some illegal funds into your bank account which is valued at the
sum of $10.500,000.00 usd.

I pleaded on your behalf so that this agency could give you till 7/13/2012 so that you could get this process done because I learnt that you were sent several e-mail
without getting a response from you, please bear it in mind that this is the only way that I can be able to help you at this moment or you would have to face the law
and its consequences once it has befall on you. You would make the payment through western union money transfer with the below details.

NAME: OBI JACOB
ADDRESS: LAGOS NIGERIA
TEXT QUESTION:FOR
ANSWER: YOU
AMOUNT: $98
Senders name======

Send the payment details to me which are senders name and address, mtcn number, text question and answer used and the amount sent. Make sure that you didn't hesitate
making the payment down to the agency by today so that they could have the certificate endorsed, signed and stamped immediately without any further delay. After all
this process has been carried out, then we would have to proceed to the bank for the transfer of your compensation funds which is valued at the sum of $10.500,000.00
usd which was suppose to have been transferred to you all this while.

Note/ all the crimes agencies have been contacted on this regards and we shall trace and arrest you if you disregard this instructions. You are given a grace today to
make the payment for the document after which your failure to do that will attract a maximum arrest and finally you will be appearing in court for act of terrorism,
money laundering and drug trafficking charges, so be warned not to try any thing funny because you are been watched.

THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

ROBERT MUELLER

WASHINGTON DC

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 Website: www.fbi.gov

That's absolutely hilarious but might frighten the shit out of people who're not savvy about these things.

I can't imagine that anyone is stupid enough to fall for that! I like how he tries every single angle to get compliance - YOU WILL GO TO JAIL, but I'm a nice Christian so I wouldn't do that, oh by the way, theres $10m lying around waiting for you to pick it up, IF YOU DON'T COLLECT THAT MONEY YOU WILL GO TO JAIL FOREVER!

I've just received the following, allegedly from The Microsoft Team ...

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED
Dear Customer,
Windows Live Hotmail® accounts has been growing really fast.
We are having too many congested email due to the anonymous registration of Hotmail, Msn, and Live Accounts on our database system. Please reconfirm your email account and information to know if your account is still active and will also be recorded on our new database system.
We need you to fill in the information below within 48hours or you will lose your account permanently.
*Name

*Username
*Password

*Date of birth

*Country or Territory

Here are some ways to help you manage your account after you reconfirm your account.
Create an archive - Set up a folder on your PC's hard drive where you can save large attachments. Then just delete them from your inbox. You'll still have them and your inbox will be that much smaller.
Make your filters work for you- Did you know you can set up your Hotmail account to immediately delete junk e-mail? Go to Options, and click Filters and reporting. Under the "Delete junk e-mail" section, select Immediately to delete junk e-mail right away. Once you're finished, click Save and you're done.
Delete a bunch of mail at once- Go to your Junk and Deleted folders, and clear them out by clicking the "Empty" button in the action bar.
If you have more questions, please read our help topic on Hotmail storage.
Sincerely,
The Windows Live Hotmail Team
Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online Privacy Statement.
Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA © 2008 Microsoft Corporation.

When I opened up the address fully, it read:
Microsoft Team (yangchangpo@hotmail.com)
from which I take it that this is a scam. However if you don't open the address fully, it could be quite convincing as the English seems accurate for once.
What do you think, Bill?

Almost certainly a scam, just ignore it.

The request for details like that, shows it is a scam. Microsoft would not need to ask that. They would simply say, login then do....

Emails from real Microsoft people would be from Microsoft.com not hotmail even though that belongs to Microsoft.

I suspect that the english is good because most of it was copied from a real microsoft problem fix.

FAKE:

Your video may have content that is owned or licensed by Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society.

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please open attached file with Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

Bill

The key here is, if your not expecting the email or attachment don't open it! I don't open nish, unless its expected. BIN IT - BIN IT - BIN IT!!

Phone scam- Just got missed call on mobile, only rang few times. Google tells me 07520 numbers are trying to get you to call back so they can connect you to premium rate line.

Don't you want to make someone happy with a phone call?

Do I look like a f**king happiness-through-phone-calls-giver?!
Got a missed call from 'no number' at 2 this morning, wonder if was to do with scam or just a drunk friend with drunk phone settings

Bastardos. I get these all the time from ""Barcleys Bank"" saying, your account is on hold and you need to transfer money to re open it....bla...bla..

Oh no, I don't even have a barcleys bank account. Or maybe I do?

Weird email today from Apple ...

"Dear penny rivera,(NOT MY NAME OR ANY PSEUDONYM)

You've entered (MY GMAIL ADDRESS MINUS A FULL STOP) as the contact email address for your Apple ID. To complete the process, we just need to verify that this email address belongs to you. Simply click the link below and sign in using your Apple ID and password.

Verify Now >

Wondering why you got this email?
It's sent when someone adds or changes a contact email address for an Apple ID account. If you didn't do this, don't worry. Your email address cannot be used as a contact address for an Apple ID without your verification.

For more information, see our frequently asked questions.

Thanks,
Apple Customer Support"

I've compared this in every way to the genuine email I received when I originally registered my ipod with my hotmail address and I can't fault it in any way - exactly same wording and came from exactly the same email address. This led me to believe that the mythical Penny Rivera was somehow trying to use my gmail address, BUT the weird thing is, the gmail address is minus the full stop I have between my 2 names in my actual gmail address, and the email was also sent to that inaccurate address - why didn't it bounce back because the address wasn't correct?

I know if I ignore it nothing should happen but I'm puzzled.