Dangerous fake email scams Page 5

Ha, those ones where they can't decide if they're innocent simple folk or touting for business as a prozzie crack me up. And why on earth do they think we'll believe they heard on a non existent grapevine that we're kind men? (Especially those of us who aren't men)
Not seen as many Eastern European ones lately, hopefully they're all out taking part in the protests

Quote: AJGO @ February 7 2012, 8:27 PM GMT

(Especially those of us who aren't men)

Well, exactly. Maybe that's what they're actually hoping? That their words will fall on the ears of a woman, who are generally-speaking, kinder than their male counterparts.

??

<dons flak helmet>

You can take the helmet off, they'll interpret it as gullible.
But if the emails said 'kind woman' that would make sense, but they show themselves as spam and also come across as the sort of simpering ineffectual women that make me all unfeminist cos I want to give them a wee slap and tell them to get a grip (not a physical grip. On a man. The opposite)

Quote: AJGO @ February 7 2012, 8:37 PM GMT

..and also come across as the sort of simpering ineffectual women that make me all unfeminist..

They're probably from an oily male gangster in Moscow...

..or Tooting..

I want to slap them a whole lot more. Must resist arranging to meet with gangsters as a form of therapy

Quote: AJGO @ February 7 2012, 8:49 PM GMT

Must resist arranging to meet with gangsters as a form of therapy.

I could mention the "Drinks" thread..

[lie]..but I won't..[/lie]

You coming for a drink on 18th Stylee?

Quote: AJGO @ February 7 2012, 8:56 PM GMT

You coming for a drink on 18th Stylee?

[Careful.. that's a two-edged sword]

Ummm.. no, AJGO. I'm rather an unsociable type at the mo..

..but enjoy..

..and watch out for russian/nigerian cybergangsterstalky types.. they'll be the ones masquerading as BCGers.

I imagine any cybergangsterstalky types will soon be driven to tears by the genuine BCGer's 'ooh, ooh, I heard a joke about Russians/Nigerians/Cybergangsterstalky types'

A russian, a nigerian and a cybergangsterstalky type were lost in the Sahara, when they find an old oil lamp in the sand. The russian..

[BTW Who is writing those one-liners on Jack? Just heard this one: Q:How much is cockney shampoo? A: Pan-tène.] Good grief.

Quote: AJGO @ February 7 2012, 6:48 PM GMT

This is dodgy, right? Since I'm not waiting on any parcels.. The attachment is .zip file

Dear Customer,

Our Driver was unable to deliver the parcel to your address.
The reason of the return is - Error in the delivery address.
Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office.

Thank you for your attention.
Royal Mail Logistics Services.

First, in case you did not know, the FROM address (contact@royalmail.com in this case) can be faked by anyone whatsoever, simply by setting it in the email program (Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, whatever). So unless it is also digitally signed using a traceable certificate (almost NO emails are digitally signed), then the FROM address has no significance whatsoever as an identity check.

Just think a moment,

1. Why would the Royal Mail have your email address? THey might have your phone number if the sender put it on a form, but thay are unlikely to have your email address, so that makes it almost certainly a fake.

2. Legitimate organizations know about the problem of fake emails so they include your real name because that is info that the scammers don't know, so anything addressed to a generic name like Customer, Friend, etc is almost certainly a scam.

Don't click the attachment, it almost certainly contains a virus.

Cheers billwill, I thought it must be dodgy so didn't click but had no idea about 'from address' stuff! I don't know how any legit companies get my contact details cos I don't willingly give them so always a bit vulnerable to presuming that it's just another standard breach of privacy by companies

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ February 7 2012, 9:16 PM GMT

A russian, a nigerian and a cybergangsterstalky type were lost in the Sahara, when they find an old oil lamp in the sand. The russian..

BTW Who is writing those one-liners on Jack? Just heard this one: Q:How much is cockney shampoo? A: Pan-tène. Good grief.

:D

This one is the best one I've seen. It has been a moment of light relief after the stress of the last few weeks. Enjoy.

Greetings,

I am Safia Farkash Gaddafi, wife of the Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi who was recently Killed by NATO Forces and the Libyan Rebels.

Following the crisis in Libya against my late husband for a Change of Government , I was able to escape to Algeria with my daughter who recently gave birth to save our lives. I am desperately looking for a foreign reliable partner whom I can trust to handle part of the funds placed in a Depositary Company in my Name.

The United Nations , The European Union and the America Governments have frozen most of our assets and funds bearing Gaddafi's name in the World .Consequently, our status/position of the present state does not permit us to open an account or run any financial business at the moment,Hence I contacted you to claim the funds.

The necessary Legal documents will be changed to your name to enable release of the funds to you by the financial Company. Your assistance will enable us invest the funds on your name in your country. The British Government moved to officially freeze the assets held by the Libyan regime in the United Kingdom following sanctions imposed by the UN Security Council

Find below links for your information.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/144251/libyas-first-lady-owns-airline.html http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15284056 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15389550 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12480844

I will furnish you with more information as soon as I hear your response indicating your interest to partner with me.
Waiting for your prompt and positive response.

Thanks.

Mrs.Safia Farkash Gaddafi

Jeez Fella,

her husband was just beaten to death in his pyjamas after having a stick shoved up his arris.

And now you're mocking and belittling her desperate pleas for help.

What is wrong with you?

I like how her daughter gave birth to save their lives. Laughing out loud