Dangerous fake email scams Page 9

The Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit sound cool. I bet they always wear sunglasses - even indoors.

"This man was murdered...by a cookie."

Quote: Frantically @ February 5 2013, 9:14 AM GMT

The Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit sound cool. I bet they always wear sunglasses - even indoors.

"This man was murdered...by a cookie."

Basis for a new drama series.

Oh, forget it they already did it: "Person of Interest".

Cool

Did anyone see that series 'Identity'? Obviously someone read that identity theft was a fast-growing crime and thought it would be a good basis for a cop show. It wasn't.

FAKE (clicking the tracking number would take me to a dodgy website in Russia):

Hi,
Thank you for contacting Apple about your order.

As requested, we reshipped your item(s) to the requested address.

Your new FedEx tracking number is 99659. Click tracking number to check your delivery status.

Your Apple order number is 99659. Click order number to see details of your order.

Please reply to this email or call 1-800-MY-APPLE with any questions.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

-----Original Message-----
From: "billwill_mm202@<censored>.co.uk" <billwill_mm202@<censored>.co.uk>
Reply-To: "billwill_mm202@<censored>.co.uk" <billwill_mm202@<censored>.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 2013-03-20 +0000 (UTC)
To: "returns@apple.com" <returns@apple.com>
Subject: Re: Your Apple Store Order

>Yes, reship to new address. And use new email address to contact me.
>----- Original Message -----
>From: returns@apple.com
>To: billwill_mm202@<censored>.co.uk
>Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 2013-03-20

>Subject: Your Apple Store Order
>
>Thank you for your recent Apple order.
>
>Our carrier has informed us your item is being returned to our
>warehouse. If you would like it reshipped to the original delivery
>address or a new address, please reply to this email with those
>details or call 1-800-MY-APPLE.
>
>If we don't hear from you within 24 hours, we will accept the item(s)
>as a return and issue a credit to the original form of payment. Please
>allow three to five days to see the credit.
>
>Thank you for shopping with Apple.
>
>The Apple Online Store

You seem to attract them all Bill.

I get about a thousand spam emails per day as I have an open mailbox and I use many, many email names in front of the @ sign.

Most of the spam are whittled away by Thunderbird filter rules e.g. being addressed to email addresses that I never used. Typical emails remaining I look at are are 20-30 per day.

Sometimes spam gets through to a viable email address, but the mere fact that I get multiple copies to multiple email addresses is often a dead give-away. Most others are revealed as fakes by having faked links where the displayed link is not the same as the actual link.

I only post up here, spam or mal-mail that has a new twist to it.

They have really tried hard here.
They used their best English writer to make it look authentic

OH, so close - but it's a fail

The grammatical and syntax errors are so profuse it's like an English O level exam question.

Question 1B. How many errors can you find in the following document.

Google UK Ltd
Belgrave House
76 Buckingham Palace Road London SW1W 9TQ
United Kingdom.

Ref No: GFSP/ 7748/782/2013
Batch: GFSP/ 955/GPWIN/UK

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION LETTER.
It is obvious that this notification will come to you as a surprise but please find time to read it carefully as we congratulate you over your success in the following official publication of results of the E-mail Electronic Online Sweepstakes Organized by Google, in conjunction with the foundation for the Promotion of Software Products, (F.P.S.) held here in London UK. Google earns its profit mainly from advertising using their very own Google search engine, Gmail, Gala, Sify, e-mail service Google Maps, Google Apps, Orkut social networking and You Tube video sharing, which are all offered to the public for free.

We wish to congratulate you once again, for being among the Twelve (12) selected winners in the ongoing E-mail Electronic Online Sweepstakes. Hence we do believe with your prize, you will continue to be active in your patronage to Google and its Products. A Bank Draft of ?950,000.00 GBP{Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds} will be issued in your name by our Foreign Payment Bureau and also a certificate of prize claim will be sent alongside your Bank Draft.

You are advised to contact our Foreign Payment Bureau with the following details below for the Processing of your Claims:

FOREIGN PAYMENT RELEASE FORM.
(1) Your Full Names:
(2) Your Contact Address:
(3) Your Telephone/Mobile Number:
(4) Occupation:
(5) Age/Gender:
(6) Marital Status:
(7) Private Email Address:
(8) Ever Won An Online Lottery?
(9) How Do You Feel As A Winner?

Mode Of Prize Remittance:
(1) Cash Pick-Up (You as the Beneficiary coming Down to UK to receive your Award personally).
(2) Courier Delivery Of your Certified Winning Cheque in your Name and other Winning Documents safely to you.
...............................................................................................................

Send all response to:
Email: awardgoogleteam@mail.bg
Contact Person: David C. Drummond
Google Senior V/P, Corporate Dev. & Chief Legal Officer.
...............................................................................................................

NOTE!!! For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims are processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements. Please be WARNED!!!!

Congratulations from the Staffs & Members of Google Board Commission.

MD Matt Brittin,

Chairman of the Board and Managing Director,
Google United Kingdom.
©2013 Google Corporation.

Quote: billwill @ March 22 2013, 2:57 AM GMT

I get about a thousand spam emails per day as I have an open mailbox and I use many, many email names in front of the @ sign.

I remember my first pyramid scheme.

I ended up building the first pyramid at Cheops!

Oh it was a right state of affairs till Moses saved us.

Bill you is well old!

The daft thing is, these people would have more success if they told you you'd won a tenner - rather than £950, 000, which is just sily.

He he, It's 950.000 Great British Pounds.

And you have to 'come down to UK' to get it (from the space station presumably)

FAKE: do not open the attached zip file.

Account Number : 941703532583

I'm writing to confirm that you have agreed to take up our fantastic 5 GBP off Line Rental (14.50GBP) for 12 Mo nths With Broadband Unlimited (Recontract) - Existing UK Customer. We also wanted to remind you that as part of this, you've agreed to re-subscribe to the products listed in the table below for a further 12 month minimum term , starting from the date shown below:

SubscriptionContract Start Date
Sky Broadband10/15/2013
Sky Talk10/15/2013
Sky Line Rental10/15/2013

If you cancel or stop paying for your subscription(s) before the end of the minimum term (other than where you have a right to do so under your con tract), we may charge you early termination charges. These will be based o n the amount of subscription payments due for the remainder of your minimum term less any costs we save, including the cost of no longer providing you with the service. We will give you reasonable notice in writing before mak ing any charge.

We're sure that you'll continue to enjoy all the great services that Sky offer - if you need any further help, please visit sky.com/help.

The Sky Team

This chap's gone to a lot of trouble.

Attention: Beneficiary,

Following our mandate, note,we received an instruction from the office of CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA, to pay your unpaid fund of us$8.5M.

Please we apologies for the delay, however this is to officially confirm the approval of your ATM CARD # 0929 to be shipped directly to you via the courier service company to your address.

Attach with this message is copy of the approval of your payment ATM CARD from Office Presidency which is sent to us by United Nations and your ATM CARD is ready for delivery to your address, please confirm if you have clearly receive the attachment's sent for your perusal and follow the instruction giving below to ensure the safety delivery. Be reminded that we are working according to orders bestowed on us to implement the policy of this payment and safety delivery of your ATM CARD to you being the beneficiary.

To commence the delivery of your ATM CARD, be instructed to choose from the options below the medium through which you want to receive your ATM CARD and this is according to our enquirer from the courier delivery company on the requirement's and cost to handle the delivery of your ATM CARD which the Tracking number's will be sent for you to view the status of the delivery parcel online and email us as soon as you receive it.

To Courier your ATM SWIFT CARD parcel to you via any of this channels listed below:

(24 hours Delivery)

Mailing....................... $155.00
Insurance..................... $50.00
Vat (5%).......................... $35.75
TOTAL......................... $240.75

(48 Hours Delivery)

Mailing....................... $80.00
Insurance..................... $50.25
Vat (5%).......................... $35.00
TOTAL......................... $165.25

Make your choice and get back to me, as matter of urgency following the mandate giving for us to accomplish this payment, do send the payment via Western Union or Money gram as instructed below through the names of the protocol officer here or our agent in USA and enable us conclude the delivery of your ATM CARD Today. The payment information are as follows:

Email us the MTCN # or money gram reference # after payment.

Here is the Frequently Asked Questions;

Q: Do I need a bank account to use the card?

A: No - you do not need a Bank account to use the card because the card was not raise through your own account unlike your local ATM CARD rather the funds and the Card was raise through our foreign reserve account with Skye Bank. All you need is a payment card and access to an ATM machine to receive your money.

Q: What currency will I receive my money in?

A: You will receive your money in the currency that the ATM machine provides, which is generally the currency of the country that the ATM machine is located in. When you make your withdrawal, the amount you withdraw will be converted into the ATM's currency at very competitive exchange rates.

Q: Will the ATM card work in my country?

A: Yes - the ATM card will work in almost every country in the world. There are more than a 945,000 ATM machines throughout the world that will accept your card. Any ATM machine that displays the Visa logo or the MASTER logo will accept the card.

Q: Can I use my card for credit card purchases?

A: YES - You can use it for ALL online purchases. Your Visa Electron Card can also be used for point-of-sale transactions at select Visa merchant terminals worldwide.

Q: Can I get a second card for my spouse, relative or friend?

A: Only one card can be issued per account, we are unable to issue a second card for any account.

Q: What happens if I do not withdraw my money right away?

A: Nothing - you are not required to withdraw all or any of your money immediately. You can let your money remain in your account indefinitely. Your account balance will be securely held (in US Dollars) and you can view transaction statement from the machine when you perform the operation.

Q: What if I decide later that I no longer want to receive payments through the payment card?

A: No problem - just send an application with your preferred choice of payment, but this will be after one month after you receive the atm card. You can keep your card so you can still access any remaining money in your account or if you decide to use the Visa/Master Electron Card payment option again in the future.

Q: Will my Atm Visa/master Electron Card expire?

A: For security reasons, your Visa Electron Card will automatically expire on the date printed on the card. This date is 1 years from the time the card is issued. Before your card expires, a new card will be sent to you with a new expiration date.

Q: How do I access my balance online, change my card's PIN or view my transaction history?

A: You will perform this operation manual on the ATM MACHINE that has a master card facilities, this is when you must receive your card and slot, the machine will direct properly direct you on each operation you wish to perform at any time.

Q: Whom do I contact if I have additional questions?

A: Please send an email OR CALL and we will be happy to assist you!

Q: How do I receive my raised ATM CARD

A: Your card will be delivered to your designated home address by any of our accredited courier service following the choice you opted as stated earlier in this email message.
NOTE: The minimum and maximum withdrawal is USD5,000 to USD 10,000 every day, you are instructed not to exceed the limit or the Card will De-Activate as programed to operate.

Your urgent compliance is requested to accomplish this project inline with the policy of this payment for safety delivery to you and avoid any mistake in the course to make payment to the wrong person.

Your urgent reply is anticipated to follow the instruction and enable us conclude and delivery of your ATM CARD Today as all arrangement have been finalize awaiting your compliance towards this mail.

Yours Faithfully

Mr. Iteego Egobia.
Exc. Manager Central Bank of Nigeia.
Tel: 234-.7059917706.

I think the ATM might cough & die if you put in the card & requested it pay $8.5million.

:) :)

Quote: billwill @ October 15 2013, 8:27 PM BST

I think the ATM might cough & die if you put in the card & requested it pay $8.5million.

:) :)

It did !

:D

I am Mr James Scott a private lender, I give out affordable loan at 3% interest rate Reply Back To Us With The Following
Name in full:
Address:
Loan amount needed:
Loan Duration:
Phone number:

Regards,
Mr.James Scott
jamesscotinvestmentcompany@xxxxxxxxx

Why TF would he need to know my sex?