Red Dwarf X Page 29

Quote: billwill @ November 2 2012, 12:02 AM GMT

I kept expecting the French vending machine to say "listen carefully, I shall say this only wance!"

:-)

More "sexy French" than "Michelle-of-the-Resistance" French? Unless your tastes go that way...

Lord , how annoying is that alien thingy at the start of this weeks ep?

Theyve actually done it

Red dwarf has it's own jar jar binks

Another good episode, I thought. Yay for Rimmer!

Wow; I thought that was pretty great. Seemed like it got most of the series budget! Felt like series 6 at times.

I thoroughly enjoyed that episode I must say, good to see Rimmsey coming up trumps! I actually think this new format's got legs, needs to improve the stories but overall a vast improvement on the previous 3 series.

Not side splittingly funny in the least, but there was a solid plot with a satisfactory resolution.

Still perplexed by the audience laughing at young Rimmer walking down a corridor in the beginning - do they fill the studio with laughing gas or show the episodes to mentals?

Only line that did make me laugh was the switch the lights out / maybe they'll think we're not home.

Would have been really groovy if they'd finished the episode with Rimmer getting a battlefield promotion and becoming an officer, but you can't have everything.

Fairly decent story line

Humour just not up to scratch on the whole

Some really lame lines

Very average really- like the series

5/10 for Red Dwarf X for me

Mediocre

A good final episode and, along with the Jesus one, probably the strongest of the series. The second-in-command who stabbed himself with the sword actually made me laugh out loud (although that first cyborg was slightly shit and unfunny).

Overall it's been nice to have the show back, although I suspect a lot of that was probably to do with the dearth of good sitcoms on at the moment and nostalgia. Still, it didn't disgrace itself and I'd be more than happy to see a Red Dwarf 11.

Quote: chipolata @ November 9 2012, 10:18 AM GMT

The second-in-command who stabbed himself with the sword actually made me laugh out loud

He was funny.

I'll be surprised if there isn't another series; it's drawn big figures for Dave and a generally positive press.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 9 2012, 10:28 AM GMT

He was funny.

He was good. He reminded me a bit of the oily character in Radio 4's Elven Quest.

Also, have you been to Iron Bridge yet?

Be good if the budget was able to increase a little; this last episode seemed to have had more cash splashed on it and it showed.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 9 2012, 10:33 AM GMT

Be good if the budget was able to increase a little

It's Dave. I doubt they can afford much, although big DVD sales might help.

Quote: chipolata @ November 9 2012, 10:31 AM GMT

He was good. He reminded me a bit of the oily character in Radio 4's Elven Quest.

Also, have you been to Iron Bridge yet?

Yes, or Gracie... Gracci... Philip Pope (?) in Chelmsford 123.

Not yet, no.

Big Big fan of Red Dwarf! And just stumbled across this lil gem of a podcast from Wired, with Robert Lllewlyn :) Made my day :D Check it out if you love Robert :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UipNQeWjhu4#