Red Dwarf X Page 30

Just like the other video from WiredVideoUk you "just stumbled across" and posted in the other of the two posts you've made ever?

I think RachRight is a pretty decent person. First stumbles across something and then wants to share it with us. You should be nicer, Raymond! :D

I did feel slightly mean writing that :D But seriously though.

Watched the great making of doc on the DVD, the appropriayely titled 'We're Smegged', and it makes you wonder how they manged to get this show together at all! So many setbacks and nightmares, last minute scripts having to be written (The final two over ten days!), all the scripts that existed having to be majorly redone after it became clear there'd been a cock up and it was either film in front of an audience, or have location filming, but you couldn't have both, and so on and so on. It's a wonder so much of it turned out as well as it did. Well worth a watch.

That DVD came out quickly!

Spoiling a good show like this by not revealing what happened at the end of series 8!

Quote: peepshowmatt @ November 26 2012, 3:07 PM GMT

Spoiling a good show like this by not revealing what happened at the end of series 8!

Loved that gag. :D

I've just got around to putting this on, watching it now. Awful, just awful.

On a side note, even though the sets do look a bit camp still, it would have been a nice touch to have proper 80s technology like tube teles for monitors n such.

Anyway, I feel like I'm watching an American remake, where they remove any of its charm and original wit and depth.

It was never on Dave at a time when I could watch it and didn't appear on my catchup, so I've just bought the DVD. I love so many of the old episodes, and after reading the mixed reactions on this thread, I'm scared to watch it. I'm not expecting anything to scale the heights of Queeg or Better Than Life, but I don't want to wish they hadn't bothered....

Be a brave tiger, Pip. It's only a sitcom. If you don't like it... then you'll still love the old episodes.

Quote: Ben @ December 22 2012, 7:15 PM GMT

Be a brave tiger, Pip. It's only a sitcom. If you don't like it... then you'll still love the old episodes.

I am going to be a brave tiger tonight :)

Oh - and are you allowed to say 'only a sitcom' on here? :D

So Pip, did you like it?

Didn't get round to it last night, but just watched the first and thought it was pretty good. I did laugh, I enjoyed the performances and the gags.

Finally got round to watching this, OK but nothing that hasn't been done better in earlier episodes, with the possible exception of the Jesus episode.

So one of us thinks they should have used 1980s technology?

In other news, members think black and white should come back and silent movies should replace talkies!