Red Dwarf X Page 28

Quote: lofthouse @ October 27 2012, 2:22 PM BST

Reading this thread it amazes me that red dwarf fans get accused of being geeks

Pah

Beware of geeks bearing grifts.

Unimpressed

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 25 2012, 9:54 PM BST

That's because they're also a form of GELF. There are no aliens in Red Dwarf, only genetically engineered life forms.

Did you know Ainsley Harriot played the chief Gelf?

I did, not that I want to appear geeky.

Anthony worrall thomson also played a Gelf

Except he wasn't wearing a costume

The Librarian by another name was annoying in the episode.

This series seems to be ok...but I won't cry if there won't be another one. The "kebab on the monitor" joke was pretty lame and predictable and therefore symptomatic for the new Dwarf. And why do they have to throw in the mention of "Kochanski" every now ant then, it makes no real sense (unless she appears in the last episode), it's only to keep the myth alive, which they distroyed by bringig her in full time in series 7 + 8, hmmm...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 29 2012, 8:21 AM GMT

This series seems to be ok...but I won't cry if there won't be another one. The "kebab on the monitor" joke was pretty lame and predictable and therefore symptomatic for the new Dwarf. And why do they have to throw in the mention of "Kochanski" every now ant then, it makes no real sense (unless she appears in the last episode), it's only to keep the myth alive, which they distroyed by bringig her in full time in series 7 + 8, hmmm...

Kochanski was intended to feature in two episodes but the budget wouldn't allow it.

The female character in the most recent episode was not intended to appear originally but the man in the monkey costume was only allowed to film for a short period of time which meant a re-write was required apparently.

I thought it was a real monkey Errr

I think it's good so far, I wasn't AS keen on the episode where they went to India, I thought when they landed they were going to land in a similar 'Nodnol' where everything is backwards. But alas it wasn't as good as previous episodes. I haven't seen the latest one to comment, overall it's much better than previous series, and way better than 'back to earth'...

Quite enjoyed this weeks ep

The story line was far too thin and flimsy

But it was full of enjoyable banter

Liked the whole "just don't think about it" scene with cat

Lots of fun, laughed a lot.

Really, really enjoyed that, best episode of the series so far. Snappy dialogue, good one liners, nice back and forths and unlike previous episodes, the expositional speeches were kept to a minimum.

The Vending Machine stuff, Cat's charades and even some of the old fashioned pathos involving Lister feeling depressed and maybe being a father - all very good.

Reminded me a lot of the old episodes.

I kept expecting the French vending machine to say "listen carefully, I shall say this only wance!"

:-)

It dragged a bit, but overall was fairly enjoyable. And Cat's don't think-about-it bit was predictable but funny.

Apparently there was all sorts of trouble with this one; with much of it being written and filmed later, including the whole vending machine thread.

I enjoyed it, lots of funny scenes, and a nice, sort of sad feel to a lot of it. A bit of early Dwarf bleakness.