The Big Bang Theory Page 16

Does he use a villa flag?

this show still makes me to smile :)

I love this show, it is well written and trasfers remarkably well to British sense of humour. Usualy I don't get American humour but this show is a wild exception. The characters are well crafted by the actors especialy Sheldon who is a mixture of people I have known IRL. He is a specialy beloved character of mine though the others are great too. I rarely miss an episode my fave being the one where Howard Raj and Leonard are camping and get given space cookies by a milf, I laughed so much I fell off my sofa and scared the bejesus out of my dog! Anyone else have a favourite episode? BTW Penny is hot but Bernadette comes a squeeky voiced second in my book (just sayin).

Bernadette IS Hot!! Check out her Maxim photo shoot! Ooofah!

I'd have to say my Fave episode would have to be the series 2 Christmas episode.

Quote: Dice @ 31st December 2013, 4:41 PM GMT

Bernadette IS Hot!! Check out her Maxim photo shoot! Ooofah!

I'd have to say my Fave episode would have to be the series 2 Christmas episode.

Hi Dice and thankyou for the tip this old reprobate will check out her maxim spread asap!.

Quote: Father Jack @ 31st December 2013, 1:36 PM GMT

and trasfers remarkably well to British sense of humour. Usualy I don't get American humour but this show is a wild exception.

Spot on there, that's why a lot of yanks who say they prefer British sitcoms say TBBT is the one current yankcom they like. I'd include Frasier as well as being very Britcommy. Strong vivid (possibly cartoony) characters, main one very pompous, overtly funny set ups and gags, good plots that lead to comedy payoffs and most of all, a bit farcical. True sitcom.

Bumped into this show relatively late; the "Bang-mania" made me suspicious but now I'm loving it. As others already pointed out it feels "British" to me.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st January 2014, 12:28 PM GMT

As others already pointed out it feels "British" to me.

Raj actually is British.

He's putting on that Indian accent.

Prediction for future episode - Lenoard gives Penny a DVD of NCIS and she watches the bonus scenes.

Quote: Nogget @ 1st January 2014, 1:06 PM GMT

Raj actually is British.

He's putting on that Indian accent.

He was born here but grew up in India so I don't think he's putting on the accent, he seems to be exaggerating it a bit though.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 7th January 2014, 9:01 PM GMT

He was born here but grew up in India so I don't think he's putting on the accent, he seems to be exaggerating it a bit though.

I've seen him on Letterman or Leno (on YouTube), he really speaks with an Indian accent.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th January 2014, 12:15 PM GMT

I've seen him on Letterman or Leno (on YouTube), he really speaks with an Indian accent.

Strange, I saw him on a documentary about Big Bang, and his accent was very straightforwardly Southern English.

Quote: Nogget @ 8th January 2014, 1:22 PM GMT

Strange, I saw him on a documentary about Big Bang, and his accent was very straightforwardly Southern English.

That's the interview I was referring to...sounds a little bit "Apu-like" to me, but I^m no expert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvO3hGb_LFY

I always assumed he exaggerated his accent for Raj, but when I've heard him as himself he sounded almost exactly the same.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th January 2014, 1:46 PM GMT

That's the interview I was referring to...sounds a little bit "Apu-like" to me, but I^m no expert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvO3hGb_LFY

Well that's a definite Indian accent, so either he made it more British for the thing I saw, or he made it more Indian for your interview; or I just remember it wrong.