The Big Bang Theory Page 18

Quote: Edwin @ 12th March 2014, 7:15 PM GMT

It's getting renewed for 3 more seasons: https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-the-big-bang-theory--gets-renewed-for-3-more-seasons-181402249.html

It being renewed for 3 more seasons is really going to burn out the show though.

I was pretty sure they were winding things up to end pretty soon. What the hell are they going to do for another three seasons?

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 13th March 2014, 1:37 PM GMT

What the hell are they going to do for another three seasons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy04c-6DEgE

Geology.

This season has been really inconsistent. You get one really good episode and then they follow it up with a couple of lame, filler episodes which don't really do that much to advance any of the main stories.

Quote: Edwin @ 2nd May 2014, 3:47 AM BST

This season has been really inconsistent. You get one really good episode and then they follow it up with a couple of lame, filler episodes which don't really do that much to advance any of the main stories.

Yep, it's starting to run out of ideas. I think I'm mainly hanging around now like a demented sex pervert waiting for Sheldon to blow his man sauce up Amy's Farrah Fowler.

I think once that happens, they'll be no intrigue left in the show. Don't get me wrong, it's still one of the best written sitcoms out there, but its charm wore off years ago.

It is definitely getting time to end it.
Though one of the producers said it could go on for many more years??
Let's hope it doesn't end up like Frasier and completely wear out its welcome by the time it ends.

They should do a storyline with Raj's dad coming to stay with him after leaving his mother.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd May 2014, 5:57 PM BST

Yep, it's starting to run out of ideas. I think I'm mainly hanging around now like a demented sex pervert waiting for Sheldon to blow his man sauce up Amy's Farrah Fowler.

I think once that happens, they'll be no intrigue left in the show. Don't get me wrong, it's still one of the best written sitcoms out there, but its charm wore off years ago.

That I want to see, but like post-coitus the interest will wane and flabbiness will ensue.

You are right.

Quote: gon gon @ 6th November 2014, 11:32 PM GMT

It is definitely getting time to end it.
Though one of the producers said it could go on for many more years??
Let's hope it doesn't end up like Frasier and completely wear out its welcome by the time it ends.

It's close to that already although the last episode about the prom was very good.

WTF is going on with BBT on Channel Four!!?

So, I start to watch the new series on E4 and discover that not only has Stuart's Comic Store burnt down but he has also moved in with Howard's Mother, after finding out also that Sheldon has been on some extended train journey and had to be rescued/picked up from it. WHAT!!? When did that all happen?

Having now realised that Channel Four must have missed off the end of the last series, which would explain the above, I then notice that they start showing episodes that I had never seen and I presumed this would be end of the last series (Penny having had her hair cut off helped to identify where we were!); BUT now, in the middle of what appears to be the end of the last series there is an episode with Penny sans hair and one that I had recently seen on E4 as being one of the latest series.

For f**k's sake - it is farcical. They appear to be putting on random episodes and C4 should get themselves sorted out. I am really pissed off.
Angry

Herc, your rage shouldn't be at the confusing scheduling of C4, E4 or More E4+4 :S but should be aimed at the US network that wilfully ran this very good sitcom into the sink hole it's now in.

But it does further demonstrate the massive difference in the way they make and treat sitcoms to the way we do. Do you want to own a Ford or an Aston Martin? Huh?

Thanks for that AJ, but why can't they just show a TV series in the original order - surely that is not too much to ask and would simpler for them?

Very frustrating.

Quote: Mark W @ 6th November 2014, 11:53 PM GMT

They should do a storyline with Raj's dad coming to stay with him after leaving his mother.

They probably will, they're possibly even scouring forums like this for more ideas to use. That is the big problem with their 'system'. It turns good sitcoms into soap operas.

REAL sitcom is just what it was from the outset, the small cast of characters and original setting. If it works then it does not need anything more, if it starts to get repetitive, then stop it. Or to make it even more memorable, stop it in anticipation of it getting repetitive. They cannot or will not dare treat sitcom with such reverence. That is why theirs will never be as great as ours. Which is a nice thought. :)

Well apart from C4 cocking it up and Penny's hair, which I don't think suits her, I am still enjoying it as there have been some good new ones in the latest series on E4.

The only observation I can make on the state of the current series is that they appear to be seeing how many pairings they can make for new story lines. We had for example the Howard/Raj scenario, which had very funny consequences; so now I notice it is "What if we put.........Sheldon/Penny - Amy/Leonard - Stuart/Howard's Mother etc. etc." together and see how much mileage we can get out of them.

So, still watchable for me, and AJ - although I agree with you that the Americans are guilty of doing a sitcom series to death, I can think of a number of British sitcoms that have over stayed their welcome.

Seven years late, I am getting into this show. It has a classic feel to it and must be one of the best produced by the Americans in the 2000s. Never 10 out of 10 but consistently a 7 or 8 in my opinion.